photos are not uploading

Listing 5 items through active then attempted to upload the photos on Ebay for Gallery  close ups, and NOTHING, Everything else I revised on the listing went through but No photos, Then I notice that Others have had this issue earlier in November….So IM thinking that ever since the feedback disappeared  there has been all kinds of glitches? or was a it  when they implemented that Global shipping program ? which has all kinds of issues in itself...

I hate it when Ebay makes changes to anything because something else gets screwed up in the mix.  we never get compensated for it.

I got my feedback fixed so that everyone can see what others have purchased from me….Ebay is always promoting leaving feedback, but why bother when you can't see what people are leaving feedback for?

Ebay is promoting taking many photos and GOOD photos….and now I can't upload them….LOL WHATS NEXT!'

STOP SCREWING AROUND! and OMG…calling ebay to speak to someone about anything is a waste of time since they arnt allowed to say that EBAY SCREWED UP,  One person told me it was My computer and the fact that I was using a iMac is even worse..Who are these people??? UGH!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

photos are not uploading

Apple released a new operating system in the past month, iOS7. There have been a couple of minor updates since which are installed automatically in the past month.

It takes time for eBay to know if there are issues with updates in Operating Systems and browsers. Same with Windows updates. eBay has to react to changes made by software outside of their system which breaks the eBay code. The eBay system is very complex and has to support many versions of Windows and Apple OS and many browsers and versions and sub-versions of browsers in between.

So it is not always eBay screwing around but the users computer being updated. Combine computer changes with eBay changes, it makes for issues to happen regularly.

Did you recently have upgrade to the new OS or have there been updates? I have seen some issues with this OS mentioned in the eBay.com forums.

As an alternative browser to Apple Safari (if you are using this), install the latest version of FireFox for Macs and see if it works. It is a good idea to have two browsers on your computer in case one gets updated and does not work with eBay well. I would also suggest that if you use FireFox to turn off automatic updates and have FireFox warn you of updates and manually install updates 2-3 weeks later when eBay will have adapted to any issues with a change in FireFox.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

photos are not uploading

Anonymous
Not applicable

I listed one book and used eBay's stock photo and everything was fine and then 24 hours later, to my shock the gallery photo shows a different book cover that has nothing to do with my book!

I had to call eBay to find out and they claimed it is on my end which is full of bull feathers!!  They even insisted that it is me that uploaded the wrong photo as if!!!  I never see or heard of this photo before so how the heck did I "uploaded" it myself in the first place.  I had to end the listing losing a free listing!  Then I relisted and it came up the same thing and finally I had to revised it  by removing the book information and add my own photos!

eBay, someone there stopped playing with technology and leave it alone!  You are not being paid to do that!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

photos are not uploading

Yess the uploader is broke no doubt about it,the browser or the type of computer makes no difference.An ebay rep will tell you that just to get rid of you.I have been using the same computer,camera and browser since i began on here and there is nothing wrong with my equipment,

Message 4 of 4
latest reply