selling

i sold these running shoes to a bidder  but now he said he pushed the wrong key and didnt mean to bid,,so now the bidding is done and what do i do now..charlie

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: selling

There is not much you can do besides open a case in the resolution center after the allowed period of time has past of the buyer not paying , that will then cast a negetive payment strike against the buyer , i would suggest you set your buyer requirements to block anyone has had negative payment history and to bloclk any buyers that do not have a paypal account , this will greatly reduce the number of delinqent buyers who come on here and create fake accounts and bid on your items , Hope that helps , i kinda wish we could leave negative feedback to a buyer if all hope is lost but we as a seller cannot unfort

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hello charlie,

It is not really possible to bid by mistake on ebay, but no matter.  Usually if someone asks you to remove his bid from an auction, it is best to do it, and then add him to your list of blocked bidders:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#block

Since this person has already won the auction, you have 2 concerns, - getting your fees back and avoiding negative feedback.  If you wait 4 days and initiate an Unpaid case against the buyer, he has 4 days to pay, and if still no payment, you close the case, the buyer gets a strike, and you get your fees back.  He cannot leave feedback.  Here is all about Unpaid items:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

If, however, the buyer pays to avoid a strike, you run the risk of his wrath and may get a negative.  On the other hand if you offer a Mutual Cancellation, once the buyer accepts it you will get your fees back.  The buyer does not get a strike, but he can leave feedback.  A lot may depend on the temperament of the buyer.  He can also decline the request for cancellation, although I cannot imagine he would since he does not want the item.  Here is how cancellations work:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

You'll have to make a decision, and since you cannot file an unpaid case for 4 days anyway, I'd suggest you use the time to familiarize yourself with the above links so that any decision you make will be an informed one.

Best of luck. 🙂

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

slyh92
Community Member

Seems like a Case of someone bidding another buyer up , but only it bit him in the ass so to speak.

What some sellers have done  , is sell the product to the next highest bidder for less then his/Her Last bid , that way he/She Gets a deal and you get your money .

Another thing you can do is send the name of this person to sellers , that way other sellers can block them.

It is unfair that a buyer who wont pay for what they bid on Can Give you negative feed back for Giving them Negative feed back .

Their needs to be more Fairness on the side of the seller , A seller should not need to Kiss the @@$ of a negligent bidder , in order to save them self from bad feed back.

What they should do is make it so when a seller files a complaint against a bidder , that bidder can not leave feed back.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Another thing you can do is send the name of this person to sellers , that way other sellers can block them.

All 60 million of us? No.

Winning an Unpaid Item Dispute does this automatically. if Sellers set their Preferences to automatically block bidders with UID strikes.

It is unfair that a buyer who wont pay for what they bid on Can Give you negative feed back for Giving them Negative feed back .

No.

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback.

If a seller wins a UID dispute, neither party can leave any feedback. The buyer will have a Strike which makes it more difficult to bid on eBay.

Bidders who pay within a UID dispute can leave feedback. In my experience, most of these are actually slow payers who apologize, pay up, avoid the Strike and leave positive feedback.

What they should do is make it so when a seller files a complaint against a bidder , that bidder can not leave feed back.

This is basically how it stands now.

Bidders who lose UID disputes cannot leave any feedback. Sellers who lose UID disputes can leave and receive feedback.

Keep in mind that some sellers will open UIDs out of spite, for example against buyers who use e-cheques or against foreign customers when they advertise worldwide.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'm assuming slyh92 is suggesting a Second Chance offer. You should not make the offer until after you have completed the transaction with the winner and you must follow ebay's second chance offer policy.

Whether the winner bid by mistake or not, file an unpaid item dispute 4 days after end of auction and then close it 4 days later. This will give the an unpaid item strike and you will get your final value fee credit. Once you have your credit, then you can make a second chance offer or list the item.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply