serial number in auctions ?

hi everyone i`m new to selling on ebay and i keep reading about the scam of buying and switching that makes me think should i sell or not. I read that if you include the serial number of the item it makes is safer but the thing i`m wondering is if i do include the serial number of lets say a new ipad can someone register that serial number with apple saying that this is theirs thus making the one i`m selling now ellegal ? please help and thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re:serial number in auctions ?

I would not include the number, but if you are honest seller, then when they do receive the legitimate item and are happy, they will leave positive feedback. That's why it's important to read feedback both as a buyer and seller, as well check out the member, see how long they are on e-bay, did they have any policy violation, did the buyer make payments or have/had some unpaid cases open and how did they close these cases, did they pay or not,  But the best policy is to have PayPal account, if something goes wrong you can open case with Paypal and they will hold the money until they investigate and then give your money back when something goes wrong. Investigation doesn't take long and you are protected. There's never 100% guarantee  as a seller and buyer, you take chances, but you are 99.9% protected by Paypal and e-bay. Also if you use credit card in Paypal account then you also have extra protection to cancel the transaction  I do hope that you choose to buy & sell on e-bay, I have been a member for a very long time and had couple bad experiences that were solved fast by e-bay & Paypal  I love e-bay, it's the best way to sell anything that people love and i have made little money in the process. Thank you and hope to welcome you to e-bay family !!!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re:serial number in auctions ?

I would not include the number, but if you are honest seller, then when they do receive the legitimate item and are happy, they will leave positive feedback. That's why it's important to read feedback both as a buyer and seller, as well check out the member, see how long they are on e-bay, did they have any policy violation, did the buyer make payments or have/had some unpaid cases open and how did they close these cases, did they pay or not,  But the best policy is to have PayPal account, if something goes wrong you can open case with Paypal and they will hold the money until they investigate and then give your money back when something goes wrong. Investigation doesn't take long and you are protected. There's never 100% guarantee  as a seller and buyer, you take chances, but you are 99.9% protected by Paypal and e-bay. Also if you use credit card in Paypal account then you also have extra protection to cancel the transaction  I do hope that you choose to buy & sell on e-bay, I have been a member for a very long time and had couple bad experiences that were solved fast by e-bay & Paypal  I love e-bay, it's the best way to sell anything that people love and i have made little money in the process. Thank you and hope to welcome you to e-bay family !!!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply