shipping cost via canada post

So if i m going to ship a wallet online (to USA) by choosing the expedited parcel, how much it cost? I just use the rate calculator on canada post website and it tell me it cost me 16$ to ship it.

how can i get any discount? 16$ is just to expensive and this is the cheapest one..

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

$16 sounds about right for expedited to the US. If you print your label through PayPal you will get a discount for expedited shipping - I think about 8 or 13 percent, not sure exactly.

Can you ship by tracked packet? It may cost less.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If you print your label with Paypal shipping you will receive the discount at that time. Tracked Packet also has delivery confirmation and up to $100 insurance and after discount, a small packet would cost just over $14 to anywhere in the U.S.

Is the wallet expensive? If not, you could send it small packet air USA which would cost just over $8. That method does not have insurance or delivery confirmation but is very reliable.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

PayPal shipping gives 18% discount on Expedited Parcel and 14% on Tracked Packet. These have tracking and Delivery Confirmation and $100 insurance.

The cheapest shipping would be Small Packet USA 250 gram at $7.80 or 500 grams at $10.66. No tracking, DC, or insurance.

If the item value is low under $25-$50, use Small Packet. Actual loss by the post office is rare and false Item Not Received claims are also rare. Most sellers opt for lowest cost shipping for low value items with occasional refund for "lost" items. The additional cost for shipping with more expensive services often costs more than paying out the occasional refund.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The cheapest shipping would be Small Packet USA 250 gram at $7.80 $8.03 or 500 grams at $10.66. No tracking, DC, or insurance.

Some wallets are slim enough to be sent with light packet USA. It would have to be 2cm or less in depth once it was packaged.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

The cheapest shipping would be Small Packet USA 250 gram at $7.80 $8.03 or 500 grams at $10.66. No tracking, DC, or insurance.

Some wallets are slim enough to be sent with light packet USA. It would have to be 2cm or less in depth once it was packaged.

Oops, I gave last year's rate of $7.80. Relied on my memory instead of looking it up on my rate sheet I have made for myself.

Thanks for the correction of the misinformation. Avoids confusing readers.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply