shipping to Russia

Good Evening

Ive sold numerous items to Russia before but this is the first time the Ebay invoice Paypal shipping address is all in Russian.

Is that going to be a problem for Canada Post.Never had this happen before.If you think its going to be a problem...any suggestions...

regards

jesse

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: shipping to Russia

I constantly ship to Russia and I do not have any problems with addresses.

When the payment received and PAYPAL sends you the note about it, it comes to you in English.

I think PAYPAL comes in Russian for buyers, so they can clearly understand all portions of the billing.

I always write addresses in Latinic, never in Russian.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Paypal shipping address is all in Russian. Is that going to be a problem for Canada Post.

Cyrillic letters are accepted by all members of the Universal Postal Union.

But use GoogleTranslate or the like to get the Roman alphabet version and put both on your parcel.
And remember that Canada has a large population which either comes from countries that use Cyrillic letters or are decendants. There may be a short delay while Mikail or Evgenvy comes on shift, but not much.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

wenrath
Community Member

Does Canada Post really need to decipher the entire address?

I would guess that all Canada Post needs to know is the destination country.  So write "RUSSIA" in English letters beside the Cyrillic address.

Canada Post sends the parcel to Russia, then it is ultimately delivered by the Russian postal service. The Cyrillic address is a good thing: no delays while the Russians try to decipher Roman lettering!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

wenrath

KISS

Clear thinking beats workarounds.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for the helpful information

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

eloomsk
Community Member

You are absolutely right.

When I send some parcels from Canada to Russia for my relatives, I use your algorithm. It always works.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

HI I shipped item with tracking via canadapost and item says its in russia but person has made a claim canada post will open investifation I dont know how to start a conversation will be faxing information to paypal tommorow morning

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I'd just print that address out and add RUSSIA at the bottom.

Heck, I've mailed letters to my Japanese and Chinese friends before. I keep their address in Japanese/Chinese and just put a big JAPAN/CHINA/HONG KONG at the bottom. That's all Canada Post needs to know, really.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply