the new My eBay

shooger
Community Member
I haven't seen another thread on this... if there is one, please direct me.

I'd like to get people's impression on the now mandatory new My eBay. I'll reserve my opinion until I've heard a few others. Thanks.
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

the new My eBay

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
There's been a couple on the US PS board. The 2.0 beta is not mandatory, I still have my same old "my ebay". I don't like trying beta versions, rather wait for the bugs to be fixed.
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

llee2
Community Member
I usually hate the little changes that eBay tends to make on the site. Called me old-fashioned but I'm a firm believer of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" line of thinking.

Having said that, I tried the beta version for about a week and switched back. I tried it again last week and have been using it since. Didn't care for the default page but once I customized it, there was some pretty useful info on there. I especially like the fact that you can edit and move sections around. Some of the neat features I've found useful:

- tells you how many people are watching a particular listing

- can check items sold in the past month or current month and gives you a running total (nice to make sure you are hitting the PS sales requirement because my sales this month stink)

- ebay announcements now show up on your page

I think this is one of the first "changes" made that I actually like.

Lincoln

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

ospreylinks
Community Member
It popped up today when I logged on to My Ebay....

I am just getting use to the new look, but honestly I think I am going to like it once I find my way around it.

Jeff
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

mahsauction
Community Member
I like the watchers column but there is a lot of duplication between selling manager and My Ebay 2.0, its hard to justify the extra money.
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

ospreylinks
Community Member
Is there a charge for My Ebay????? I don't think so.

Jeff
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

jhongs
Community Member
I usually relist my sold items from myebay. However, it's very hard to see which items have been relisted and which have not been with the new version. I like it that there's more information and customization can be done thou

JH
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

deltone
Community Member
I must confess that I rarely even look at My Ebay. Maybe I'm missing something!!
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

ospreylinks
Community Member
I use it to verify sales (as the Ebay email notification system in my opinion is not too trustworthy), check on monthly volumes and relist.

Monthly sales values now show up right at the top (although I think you can default this to another location on the page), however I have not relisted from it yet using the relist link.

Jeff
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

mahsauction
Community Member
There is a charge for selling manager and many of the featues of selling manager are now found in My Ebay 2
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

muminlaw
Community Member
Well, I sure don't like the column that shows "not paid" etc. until you change it manually! I haven't got the time or the inclination to spend that much time changing things on eBay, one at a time, and having to cycle through various changes before the information it shows reflects the facts! I don't know if things are more automatic if you use checkout and Paypal, but if you don't use either one, My Ebay has just become pretty darn useless!!

I don't think I like it much, except for the column that shows the number of watchers.

I always liked that I could have the items sold and the items unsold on one page for easy viewing and printing. That's no longer the case -- separate pages now so you almost have to print them out to get an overview. I also like having the item total plus the sales totals -- now, I can see some of the totals but I sure can't figure how to get the rest of them! I don't think they're available anymore {{sigh}}

Also, I can't see where it shows which items have been relisted and which are ready for relisting. On the whole, I think it leaves a lot to be desired -- the old format seemed to me to be more useful!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

shooger
Community Member
Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I've been using it since the mandatory switch about a week ago. For those of you who list on .ca I think you have some more time before the mandatory switch.

I find that they consolidated a lot of options, like the ability to leave feedback with a single click, or relist, or sell similar, etc into one pull down menu. Unfortunately, the menu itself is "neat" but also makes you have to click more times to get what you need. Consolidation isn't always more convenient, eBay. The icons on the right hand side of sold items are cool (when lit, they mean the item has been paid for, shipped, you've left feedback, and the buyer has left you feedback). Unfortunately, the icons are not "active". By that, I mean you can't click on them to carry out that function. You have to once again use that pull-down menu. If the "you've left feedback" item isn't lit, why can't you just click on it and be taken to the screen where you leave feedback on that item?

Also, I don't like the overall look. Not as pleasing, and not as seemless with the rest of the eBay system.

I'm not impressed with the invoice system. If a buyer wins 4 auctions, and you send an invoice, great. But if they buy something else, you can't revise the invoice, nor can you combine all 5 items they won. You have to send a new invoice for the new item they won, which doesn't include the original items. Makes it much harder for them to pay in one payment.

The only thing I can say really makes any sense is the column showing how many potential buyers are watching your items. It doesn't really help me, but it's interesting.

If it aint broke, don't fix it. The old My eBay had some flaws, but couldn't they have just fixed the flaws? The whole new system has a plethora of new things which I would sooner do without thankyouverymuch.

Just my $0.02 CND.
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
Shooger you can use the uncombine feature for subsequent purchases. I do it all the time. Go to one of the items already invoiced (not one of the new ones) and there's a link at the top which allows you to uncombine the purchases. It'll ask you "do you really want to", etc. go ahead and then you can start fresh on a new invoice with all the items.
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
I should clarify that - go to one of your already invoiced items and click on "send invoice" - that will take you to the existing invoice where, at the top of the page, you find the uncombine link.
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

shooger
Community Member
Thanks Mevans, I'll try.
Message 15 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

shooger
Community Member
Oh, another thing I noticed and didn't like, is I can't view all my items in one page. I used to be able to view up to 100 (I think) items before I had to click to another page of them. Now I can see 20 or so at a time, making the My eBay page much less convenient to view "at a glance". Not a great summary anymore... in fact harder to use overall.

That "uncombine" trick worked. It wouldn't let me send a new invoice from My eBay, but I did manage to send one using another link I knew about. Thanks. 🙂
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

Using the Customize button I was able to add a field that shows # of Unique Bidders. This helps me guage the actual interest in an item as opposed to number of bids. Very Nice!!
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
The customize button should also give you the option of changing the number of items per page. Right at the bottom of the options when you're in that screen. Goes up to 200 items to display.
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

muminlaw
Community Member
mevans, unfortunately the number of items to display is limited to 25 on the Summary page!

I was finding it really handy to be able to view both sold and unsold on the same page -- it gave me a good overview of how the most recent sale did at a glance. I suppose I'll get used to having to switch from one view to another, but I won't like it as well!

Have we mentioned the change to the menu on the left instead of tabs across the top? Have we mentioned it often enough to get eBay's attention??

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

the new My eBay

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
ahhh, yes I see what you mean. I tend to bypass the summary page and go to whatever category I need at the time.

Geez, this new eBay is really getting a lot of "negative feedback" (don't know why that cracks me up so much!).
Message 20 of 28
latest reply