why are we being charged double shipping through global system

This causing us alot of money and i m not going to buy from anyone using this system

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: why are we being charged double shipping through global system

"Canpar with another custom and duty charge of 23.84"

This may suggest that the seller did not use GSP and did not ship to Pitney-Bowes as instructed but shipped directly to you.

File a claim with PayPal for the "import charges" by Pitney Bowes or, if you prefer, contact eBay Customer Support.

You may also want to check with the seller where and how exactly the parcel was sent.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

What was the return address on the package, where was it postmarked, was there a customs form on it.

It seems that the seller has almost certainly sent you the package direct thereby subverting the program, but the details will be revalatory, if supplied.

At the moment it looks like a clueless seller doing it all wrong. At some cost to themselves, as well as even more to the buyer.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@diverb0b wrote:

UPDATE ----Package arrived today by Canpar with another custom and duty charge of 23.84 .For something that shoud have cost me $97 55 total then with the pitney bowes charge went to 135 50 add on this it has now cost me over $77.00 in customs and shipping ..that sucks beg time

I'm confused.  I thought you said you were never going to buy anything sold and shipped through the Global Shipping Program.

Was there evidence that the seller actually shipped the item through the GSP?  There have been some instances posted of confused sellers shipping GSP items directly to the buyer instead of through the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky.

Whoops, sorry Pierre and AF!  Didn't see your posts until after I posted the above!

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

from now on i m not this was ordered 3 weeks ago and it came yesterday

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

What was the return address on the package, where was it postmarked, was there a customs form on it.

It would be informative if you could answer these questions.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

by Canpar with another custom and duty charge of 23.84

Did the seller ship directly to you? Or did it go through Kentucy? Pitney-Bowes does sub-contract shipping to other couriers as well as to Canada Post.

There's a part of me that wonders if eBay's also trying to separate the wheat from the chaff. marnotom

An interesting thought, but I doubt it. The sellers who are being confused by the Program are not necessarily bad sellers. They may be confused (especially those who sign up for the Program and then ship directly to their customers)

Or they may have had a bad experience and need the reassurance.

The seller shouldn't have been out of pocket for a lost shipment if it were in the hands of the Global Shipping Program's contractors.

In this case the seller was burned before the GSP existed and signed up to protect himself because the GSP offers inexpensive tracking. Once the seller can show delivery to Kentucky/GSP, a non-delivery case cannot affect him.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Bought one item. Prepaid taxes etc. thru GSP.  Tracking useless and confusing.  Showing up in "transaction details" as two transactions on the same item, one delivered, one predicting next week.  Showed routing through CANPAR, but today got a delivery tag from the post office (?) wanting almost 40 dollars in taxes!  Remember, PREPAID.    I'm wondering the following:  a) how do I get my money back and from whom   b) wonder if/when/where/how the second delivery of the first item is gonna happen, and c) how we rid the world of this inane bucket of incompetence.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Please post all questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 28 of 28
latest reply