why do people bid then not pay

there are way to many people that bid and do not pay im sick of it ebay doesn't waste time to add fees to your account ,sellers should not be charged till the buyer pays. im **bleep**

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: why do people bid then not pay

Personally I always paid right away except 1 time for a lot of stamps even though I paid the day before I said I would but don't really care if my buyers do ..My system is set up to give buyers 8 days to pay before unpaid case ... I never hound or message anyone and I give a decent amount of time and as a seller I would rather my buyer wait 4 or 5 days to pay instead of those stupid e-checks which I have seen some take up to 2 weeks to clear so sometimes I would rather them not pay at all ( I HATE E-Checks with a passion)

The simpls fact is the unpaid cases do affect buyers so just file it and move along ....

Sometimes it is annoying but other then Mr.Elm 😉 every buisness has to deal with annoying things...

I think the best thing for any seller to do is after all the growing pains are over just tell yourself this is how it is and how it's gonna be so just take it as it comes... Except for E-checks and GSP program LOL

I do actually agree with an earlier post that alot of sellers do haggle and are I would not say obnoxious but annoying and alittle pushy...

If you are not willing to wait then Immediate payment and do not run auctions simple solution ...Send invoice and maybe 1 reminder after that just leave the buyer alone ....

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:

Personally I always paid right away except 1 time for a lot of stamps even though I paid the day before I said I would but don't really care if my buyers do ..My system is set up to give buyers 8 days to pay before unpaid case ... I never hound or message anyone and I give a decent amount of time and as a seller I would rather my buyer wait 4 or 5 days to pay instead of those stupid e-checks which I have seen some take up to 2 weeks to clear so sometimes I would rather them not pay at all ( I HATE E-Checks with a passion)

The simpls fact is the unpaid cases do affect buyers so just file it and move along ....

Sometimes it is annoying but other then Mr.Elm 😉 every buisness has to deal with annoying things...

I think the best thing for any seller to do is after all the growing pains are over just tell yourself this is how it is and how it's gonna be so just take it as it comes... Except for E-checks and GSP program LOL

I do actually agree with an earlier post that alot of sellers do haggle and are I would not say obnoxious but annoying and alittle pushy...

If you are not willing to wait then Immediate payment and do not run auctions simple solution ...Send invoice and maybe 1 reminder after that just leave the buyer alone ....

Hoot. Snort. Chuckle. Full guffaw.

To me it is a matter of perspective. After managing inner city liquor stores, eBay is nothing. I have had more problems in one shift in the real job than in twelve years total on eBay. I have had more trouble from one person, at one time, in the real job than in twelve years on eBay.

They pay, they pay, they don't, they don't. Whatever.

Photobucket
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

While we can still feel for sellers when buyers drive up Auction Bids & then fail to pay, again what can we do other than follow the standard process.

At one time, when we were newbies, we may have become frustrated at Unpaid Buyers, now " I Just Don't Care. "

Message 23 of 23
latest reply