why is global shipping so slow

Tracking number doesn't work and I have been waiting for 29 days now for my item to arrive. A week after I purchased this item, I purchased and rec'd 2 items from a seller in California and these items shipped via USPS were rec'd within 10 days. If Ebay continues to use this service I will no longer buy items from members who use this service.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@52brunoronald wrote:

Tracking number doesn't work and I have been waiting for 29 days now for my item to arrive. A week after I purchased this item, I purchased and rec'd 2 items from a seller in California and these items shipped via USPS were rec'd within 10 days. If Ebay continues to use this service I will no longer buy items from members who use this service.

Hi 52brunoronald,

Please reach out to Customer Support to see what's going on here.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@52brunoronald wrote:

Hi 52brunoronald,

Please reach out to Customer Support to see what's going on here.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

What used to take no more than 10 to 14 days from US to Canada now takes 17 to 21 days and some more time than that as they've even lost one of my purchases after it got to their Erlanger sorting center which is the problem as it is totally inefficient.
Staying away from buyers that use the Global Shipping program seems to be the only solution or like me cut down on
Ebay use completely.

And they wonder why Ebay sales are way down!
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yup 17 days and my item is only leaving the GPS warehouse now. So probably be another 10-14 days away. Not acceptable for the price. I can get things shipped for way less money from USA to Canada for less money than GSP and receive it much faster. I have three items which I would normally wait 5-10 days for and im waiting a month for now, and paying more all round. No more ebay.com for me. It's far too much hassle. May as well buy from a store and get it when I want it. Sellers seem completely out of the loop too.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Ps. Ditto on the tracking. Hardly any info on eBay, would rather have the detailed tracking from postal service
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I totally agree. Ebay should scrap it but they won't because they are making money off it.  I bought my item on Sep 2 2016 and the seller shipped it the next business day, but 7 days later, ebay notifies me that my package has arrived at their global shipping centre.  So it took a week just for ebay to receive it. If the seller didn't use this slow program, my package would already be a week in and I'd get it within the next few days.

If they dont scrap it, dont purchase from any seller who uses the program. Maybe then they will get rid of bay's latest cash grab.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I totally agree. Ebay should scrap it but they won't because they are making money off it. I bought my item on Sep 2 2016 and the seller shipped it the next business day, but 7 days later, ebay notifies me that my package has arrived at their global shipping centre. So it took a week just for ebay to receive it. If the seller didn't use this slow program, my package would already be a week in and I'd get it within the next few days.

If they dont scrap it, dont purchase from any seller who uses the program. Maybe then ebay will get rid of it's latest cash grab.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Slow is an understatement!
I do quite alot of ebay purchasing for auto parts and what not.. I'm kind of dumbfounded that when I purchased a small item in California to be shipped to me in the Yukon it goes to GSP centre then Ontario and makes a stop in every province along the way taking upto 20 days some times to receive somthing i could have spent maybe 100$ more to have it the next day from Vancover or Edmonton.
Im not ripping on the GSP i like that its a one time done deal purchase feature but why not a western GSP facility?
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

grahabai_2
Community Member
Im at 17 days into my order, it sat in Toronto for 3 hours and kitchener for 27 hours.. I live in London which is a hour from kitchener. I too wont be buying off ebay unless I can get it shipped through ups or anything other than this **bleep**ty gsp thing they have going on.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This Global Shipping Program is a joke. Two items I won were supposed to show up ages ago. GSP is still screwing the pooch. No explanation for the holdup. I notice eBay sticks its ugly nose in with a promise of customer support, when we all know it's for appearances only.

This GSP nonsense thing has to stop. It's costing me money, about doubling what I pay for shipping, and generally gumming up the works.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I had one item go missing.. seller refunded (their loss I guess). I purchased a duplicate of the lost item from another seller in the US.. still waiting after 21 days ! It's completely unacceptable, especially for the price. Regular shipping via the post would have cost less and been here within 10 days. No longer will I purchase from sellers using Ebay's global shipping option.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I'm afraid this thread is several years old and the information contained therein may no longer be valid or accurate. @happy_pigeon

Message 12 of 12
latest reply