Bidding Bots

gorbal-43
Community Member

Is anyone away of bidding bots to make last second (not minute) bids?

I lost two auctions yesterday to the same person within an identical 4 seconds of the close time.  I understand the maxbid strategy of placing a bid at the close of the auction but I get concerned when the same person is able to place a bid (which I never saw live and could only see via bid history) within an identical 4 seconds of closing time.  Sounds like the problems getting concert tickets online!

I am not a jilted bidder, as I understand the process, but I want to make sure that, if I ever bid again, I am not up against a BOT and can see the bidding in real time without delays so as to make it fair to all participants.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Bidding Bots

@stevenvillman wrote:

I did the 'Bid once. Bid Your Maximum' TWICE in the same auction (meaning that I raised my maximum bid twice in that eBay auction because I was outbid by someone else who also didn't win the eBay auction) and *STILL* lost the auction because of sniping within 4 seconds of the eBay auction's end from someone who placed a manual low bid at the beginning of the auction!

If you bid twice in the same auction, you didn't bid your maximum the first time around.

You didn't lose the auction because of a sniper got in there at the last four seconds.  You lost the auction because that sniper was prepared to pay more than your maximum bid.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

@stevenvillman wrote:

If someone, who is of low-income status and yet likes joining in eBay auctions from time to time, does as what you say in regarding eBay auctions – they'll probably lose those auctions most of the time to richer people who snipe in eBay auctions. That is the main problem with sniping in eBay auctions.

If the sniper is prepared to pay more than you for the item, it doesn't matter when they place their bid.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 23 of 23
latest reply