Buyers being jerked around by bad Sellers

Yup , it happened to me yet again. I bid , I win and when I contact seller , they do not help , won't respond , just dump you because ...they did not get enough for their item.  ... eBay feigns some half baked response but ultimately will not help to resolve the issue , end result is the seller gets away with their bad behaviour scot free while the buyer has wasted his time bidding , tracking , researching trying to find a good deal. 

Disgusted .

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Like I said , this has happened to me at least three different times in the past month . My complaints fall upon deaf ears . I am pretty much done with bidding on eBay , there is nothing stopping sellers from abusing and disrespecting good honest bidders. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I bid , I win

Okay so far

and when I contact seller ,

Why?

When you win, you pay, they ship.

Are you asking -- after bidding -- for the cost of shipping?

Is it possible that your seller does not ship to Canada?

That information will be on the Shipping tab.

If you do not know the cost of shipping DO NOT BID. The seller in those cases is allowed to charge you whatever she thinks is reasonable, and eBay will back her up.

Are you asking -- after bidding-- for more information on the item you bought?

The time to ask is before bidding.

Are you asking - after bidding- for specialized packing on fragile or specialty items?

While the seller should be expected to know how to pack his products for secure delivery, the time to ask about his packaging standards is before bidding, and the time to arrange different packaging is before bidding.

they do not help , won't respond , just dump you because ...they did not get enough for their item.  ...

As has been explained before, a seller who cancels a transaction without buyer agreement, is given a Defect.

These (like Unpaid Item Strikes on buyers) are not public, but are very serious. One is a warning, two means restrictions on the seller's account, more and bye bye seller.

You still have the option to leave feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

Your best tool before bidding is also feedback.

While eBay does not use feedback to assess seller accounts, it is a public record of how customers felt about the transactions.

• Never buy from a seller with less than 98% feedback.
  • Read the negative and neutral feedback for patterns of cancellations, rudeness, poor communication, low quality etc.
  • But do keep in mind that some people will never be satisfied.

You may also be happier ignoring auctions completely and buying one of the 85% of listings that are Fixed Price, since the seller is declaring that she will be happy to get that price from the start.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply