Canada Post Slow processing from Europe?

Hey everyone,

I'm in Vancouver and waiting on a bunch of registered parcels from Europe (italy, netherlands, poland)  Tracking obviously only gives me info up to the point of departure from shipping country and then once it's in the hands of Canada Post, no luck.  I've been receiving similar packages from same destinations in about 14-21 days until very recently.  Now my oldest undelivered items are currently at 28 days and 26 days. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences?  My partner has ordered epacket items from China which have arrived in 2-3 weeks, so I'm thinking the bottleneck is in the Toronto Canada Post processing facility?  Called Canada Post, they "don't know of any delays" Yeah right!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The last one for me took 62 days.

Some stuff is taking 6 weeks to get through customs due to fentanyl coming into Canada by mail.

If you are in a hurry don't buy from Europe, especially this time of year.

But, be patient as it is not the seller's fault.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If your sellers are using Registered mail, that legacy service no longer tracks outside the originating postal system.

EBay and Paypal have not for some years recognized Registered Mail as 'electronically visible' in Not Received Claims.

The alternatives can be very expensive.

Look at the cost of international parcel tracking from Canada Post. It's pretty similar to costs for other developed nations.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

However, Canada Post is very good about (eventually ) delivering.

If your items are coming from Europe, the fentanyl and UPU problems that affect Chinese shipping do not obtain.

Until recently, European shipments used to get to me (then in Central Canada) very quickly, faster than from the US or even Canada. Like you 15 days from Europe was normal.

In passing, some Chinese sellers are listing on European sites (mostly Germany) and shipping from China. It's not rare, but it's not very common either.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm also on the wet coast and have been waiting for a package from Europe.  23 days now.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have the same problem. My package left Ukraine on Nov 26 and so far - now Dec 24 - no trace at all.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ngu_7250
Community Member

I have the same problem. I have a package sent from Italy on Dec 5, tracable until Dec 16, after that date, there is no tracking information  .... 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 7 of 7
latest reply