Chitchats eh?

First time  I  have  had  one of my purchase shipped  via Chitchats. My personal opinion so far is that is nothing  more  than a middle  man  that makes it so it ends  up  taking a whole lot longer  to get to me.

So far has taken  a week just to get my package to canada post... and canada post says they have not physically recieved it yet. I would have had this parcel  by now if was taken direct to Cp. I even  contacted  chitchats  and  they told me  my parcel  won't show up on  canada  post  tracking  until  it hits   my home  province.  I think I  has told  a  bunch of **bleep**  and the person    did  not sound  very confidant. Not impressed so far

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Chitchats eh?

@synaptic2112 

I made similar observations with my first shipment received using Chit Chats from Toronto. Normal transit time should be 4 to 5 days. Ended up being 8 or 9 days with tracking that was muddled, to say the least. The only major difference was that shipping was less slightly but difficult to proove being it was a combined purchase billed in US funds with markups per item.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Chitchats eh?

That is precisely what they are -- shipping middlemen.

For in Canada, they provide a discounted shipping price that most Sellers can not get directly from Canada Post (volume pricing).  It's about cheaper shipping cost, not faster service.

The other possible slow part can be the Seller, since the Seller has to get the package to a ChitChats location before ChitChats can do their part.

-..-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Chitchats eh?

I  should've requested direct shipping instead of allowing involvement with that sketchy company. Did not save that much. Even  the person I spoke  to on the phone sounded sketchy.

Feels like a shipment from  China... not knowing where it  is or if  it  is even going to get here.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Chitchats eh?

@synaptic2112 wrote:

I  should've requested direct shipping instead of allowing involvement with that sketchy company. Did not save that much. Even  the person I spoke  to on the phone sounded sketchy.  Feels like a shipment from  China...

ChitChatsExpress is a Canadian company and has been in business since 2001. They have been expanding to more Canadian cities in the last few years so you might have dealt with a newer company rep who is guessing the answer.

-..-

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Chitchats eh?

@synaptic2112 wrote:

I  should've requested direct shipping instead of allowing involvement with that sketchy company. Did not save that much. Even  the person I spoke  to on the phone sounded sketchy.

Feels like a shipment from  China... not knowing where it  is or if  it  is even going to get here.

I have the exact opposite opinion.  Chit Chat has been a life saver for me.  I have been using them for at least 2 years.  When you ship in Canada, the tracking shows up when it hits the province it is going to.   I sent something expedited to Ontario from BC using Canada post and it took just as long.   I have saved hundreds of $ using Chit Chat, for US and international with tracking.   I only use it a few times for Canada as I sell CD's and they go letter mail, only for bulk Canadian shipments do I use chit Chat.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Chitchats eh?

The savings over Canada Post is significant. It even surpasses the measly discount you get with PayPal or Shippo. I sent a small tablet from BC to ON, and it was $10.50 including full insurance.  If I went to the post office even with my Venture card I would have paid at least 14-17 dollars. Also don't forget the final value fee on shipping, so us sellers have to pay some of the shipping fee to eBay, so if you charge actual shipping rates, you are losing money. So Chit Chats actually helps keep money in my bank instead of paying yet more fees. 

I think companies like this are here to stay. Consumers keep demanding lower prices, so with those prices come the true cost: you get what you pay for.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Chitchats eh?

Agree about the non existent tracking. I guess this is Chitchats definition of "full tracking" as mentioned on their own tracking page ..... some questionable entries at the start and maybe some at the finish, as I have yet to see anything beyond start yet. Does not instill any confidence in actually even getting my parcel. We will see if this somewhat seasoned ebay buyers gut feeling bears out.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply