Damaged during shipping

Hello 

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this question. I am new to the board. 

I recived my fragile breakable parcel from the US through the global shipping program and it arrived damaged. 

The sellar packed it well. I bought 4 mugs, 1 cake stand, one cookie dish and a napkin holder, all ceramic breakable stuff. 

One of the mugs was broken and the cake stand was broken. I emailed the seller because I wanted to make contact with her to let her know and if she needs to file a claim. 

She told me me that I need to file the claim against the global shipping program. I emailed her back after looking at different questions and answers that were from 2013 to 2016 but nothing newer then that. 

I told her that it says she needs to file the claim against the GSP and that I need to go through the eBay buyer protection program. 

I dont know if that is how you do it, things can change within the few years from the other questions and answers. 

I also looked up eBay Canada contact to actually ask my questions, but there is no number, and it also tells me to go through the help and contact, but that’s to file and see what they can do.

I feel lost and don’t know how to start this process of what to do. She did pack it well. And from what I am getting from her email is that really it’s not her responsibility because she packed it so well.

Please help 

thank you 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Damaged during shipping

I would open an Item Not As Described case on eBay, which they call "Return request". Once there, you will have multiple choices and one of them would be Not As Described. If it's not one of the options, I would also mention somewhere in the details that this is a GSP item.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Damaged during shipping

I would open an Item Not As Described case on eBay, which they call "Return request". Once there, you will have multiple choices and one of them would be Not As Described. If it's not one of the options, I would also mention somewhere in the details that this is a GSP item.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Damaged during shipping

How to do a "Return Request" is explained on this page near the bottom.

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Damaged during shipping

The Global Shipping Program is a Seller Protection program.

One of the protections is that most of the seller's responsibility for secure delivery ends at the GSP plant in Kentucky.

After that responsibility  is assumed by the GPS.

One minor benefit for buyers, and there are very few, is that GSP does not want the damaged items back, so you are saved the possible cost of returning the broken stuff to the seller.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page. You have already contacted the seller, so you can skip that suggestion.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Damaged during shipping

https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/support/account/global-ecommerce-cross-border-shipping-support.html

For non-tracking issues, call eBay: 866.540.3229

For damage by Pitney Bowes try: global.shipping.support@pb.com

Message 5 of 5
latest reply