Deleted items

I recently had several items I'd purchased get removed by eBay, it's happened before but these ones were in a string of items I'd purchased the main problem is I've no idea what they are and how I'm supposed to tell if the items arrive or not I cannot click on them so as far as I can tell I have no way to alert anyone if I needed to get a refund.
Why does eBay do this I mean I paid for it I should Atleast have access to see the item in my purchased items. It goes right along with other items that I got a partial refund for but am expecting a replacement as it sits now the items gone replaced with a refunded tile so if the seller does not follow through I'm screwed.
With this all tracking info invoice etc is gone it seems like a stupid idea to remove all trace of a purchase while still in transit

Thoughtd tips etc?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Deleted items

If you paid using PayPal check your transactions there.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

All the transactions you paid for are still listed by Paypal.

If you are concerned that they will not arrive, which is a good bet because eBay tends to close down scammers who are not shipping, go to the PP Resolution Centre under Tools at the top of your account page.

Open Item Not Received Disputes, and state that the seller is NARU (Not A Registered User).

The suggestion that you contact the seller can be ignored in this case*.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

Come back here if you run into any problems.

*If this was a problem with late delivery or misdescribed purchase this can solve problems faster than eBay or PP, but this is probably  scammer.

In any case all you want from him is a tracking number that shows the purchase is in Canada.

Actually all you want from him is a refund.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

For the upcoming discussion with eBayCanada executives.

This is an ongoing problem.

Why are these scam/closed listings unavailable to buyers who have paid? Or even those who have not paid?

If there is a technical reason why the listing can't be left available-- perhaps printed in red instead of black or something obvious because BDR--how about a flat plain English (and French) statement that information about paid items can be found with the payment processor (MP, PP, PaisaPal, credit cards for "guest" buyers).

KISS.

But we see this I swear once a week on dotCA, more often on dotCOM, and there is nothing like not being able to get a refund on a scam to make a defrauded payer tell 300 friends that eBay stole from him.

And it is eBay that gets the blame, not that rotter in his mom's basement in Zagreb or Peoria.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Totally it's not eBay's fault it's the scammers but the eBay policy ads insult to injury. The only way I've found to confirm what items were deleted was to search my email inbox for the dollar amount listed in the deleted alert. I like that the are proactive with deleting the offenders I got nailed a while back by a scam I discovered it was a scam almost as soon as I clicked purchase and after more research I was positive odd tracking # and a host of other red flags it was brutal sitting for days and days watching the # of sales rise the seller reset the quantity available after each sale calculating the amount he was stealing. I thought I wish you could warn people but they always put 30 + days shipping so you can't you can't even tell eBay I get why nots of nutters out there but it would be cool if you could add a star rating system where buyers with good standing could rate suspicious looking sellers or items I mean after a while you Learn to spot them if you could click a suspicious rating potential buyers could see like the seller rating etc but based on your experience level. Lol 😂 I know everyone thinks that they have all the answers lol
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

There's no real information to check it can be any item in an order or several items you dont get a sale number item description seller info nothing its all gone you can cross reference by searching your email inbox with date and amount (pre tax pre subtotal) and depend on how full your cart was may get lucky and find the item.

On eBay itself there's no information no link etc

And to be honest I have a hell of a time finding anything on PayPal 😂
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @femmefan1946!

Hi @benevolen60 - sorry to hear that you bought some items that were removed, that's always frustrating. 

In situations where there are removals, our suggestion will always be to contact Customer Support for a review. This is for a number of reasons, the primary one being they can find the items without too much hassle. 

The other reason is that they can determine the reason for the removal. While they typically wouldn't be able to share that with you, it will give them an insight into whether or not we can step in and help you immediately or ask you to wait the delivery timeframe out before getting involved. 

At a high level, the reason we would ask you to wait is if the item was removed for a non-critical reason. For example, if we asked a seller to provide us identification documents, or some other verification. If an item was removed for violating policy, but the seller's account wasn't suspended is another: maybe they made a mistake. In these situations we still have a strong confidence that you will receive the items, we just chose to end them. 

There are other situations, say when we decide to part ways with a member, that we would be able to take action a bit sooner. However, that's not something we would disclose to you in our email (for privacy reasons). 

Longwinded explanations aside, I strongly recommend contacting CS for a review. I prefer social media (Facebook or Twitter), as they are a great team and with stuff like this you can send a message and wait for them to get back to you rather than listen to our hold music. 😉

If you send them a private message with your registered email address, first and last name on file and post code in addition to a brief synopsis of the situation they'll be able to get you some answers. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Your advice about what a member should actually do, step by step, when contacting eBay on social media, is particularly useful.

I've always wondered how Customer Service would work in such a public space.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Did you double check at the top of your Purchased Items (My eBay Purchases) page, top right corner of the List where is shows "60 Days". Change that to 2020 to see ALL of your purchases.

It's a PITA to have to do this. I believe we should be able to view ALL purchases regardless when they were made, but have the option to Turn Off or HIDE items that we have received. Then if needed (for reference) we can Unhide all Hidden Items when desired. Why they have designed the site like they have is beyond me. It is NOT user friendly at all.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply