Ebay Sucks

jayc2769
Community Member

It really sucks when you buy something and it dont show, and they say well reship it even after i said i wanted my money back and when it still dont show you cant even contact the seller or ebay cause it says sorry item not found.. like **bleep**...Anyone else with the same issue.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay Sucks

Find your transaction in PayPal and open your Item Not Received case there. In future, stand firm on the refund-only position when dealing with sellers from overseas.

Also: consider the impact of the postal strike on delivery times in Canada.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

If it has been less than 30 days since the last estimated date for delivery, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If it has been longer, go to your Paypal account instead. Their Resolution Centre is at the top of the page under Tools.

In either case the first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

If you do, the ONLY thing you want is a refund. Don't get into a conversation and don't accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive either.

Ask eBay/PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

When If the purchase finally arrives, you can return the refund by using Paypal's Send Money Service.

EBay gives you  30 days from the last estimated date for delivery to open a Dispute. Paypal gives you 180 days from Payment.

You are probably also covered by the credit card that you use to back your PP account. Card policies vary.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

It won't let me open it it days item not available
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

Go to PayPal.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

It's very possible, if your shipment was coming internationally it's tied up in customs somewhere. There has been a mail strike recently resolved and that has caused major problems with backlogs and delaying with delivery. If this is the case, your seller has no control of the situation. If, your package does not arrive before the suggested date as others have noted, contact eBay or Paypal and file the applicable claim.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

It won't let me click the item it just days can't find the item.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

OK it was resgipped in august and its still not here not in customs.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

It wasn't reshipped.

It never existed.

Go to Paypal.

The Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP page under Tools.

The case is for Item Not Received.

Ignore the suggestion that you contact the scammer seller.

You have180 days from Payment to open a Paypal case.

Escalate to a Claim immediately.

You have 180 days to open a Dispute and get a refund.

The seller must show Delivery (not shipping - delivery).

You do NOT want a replacement. It won't arrive either.

You do NOT have to close the Claim to get a refund.

And next time, if your item hasn't arrived within 30 days-- even from overseas-- open a Dispute as soon as possible.

And read feedback before buying. Anything under 98% positive is very bad.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

trin2669
Community Member
I dont like to buy something from eBay They take a lot duty tax when you buy out side Ca and they dont let you know before ordering -stupid about that -lol
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Ebay Sucks

Sorry ? That’s never the case.

If the item is selling as part of the Global Shipping Program and duty/sales tax/import fees is pre-paid, that’s always stated regardless of whether you look to see it.

If Canada Post or one of couriers is handling the collection, the duty/sales tax/import fees go to th Canadian Government.

Customs enforces it. There’s law to be upheld. The de minimus on imports by mail is $20 CAD for most categories of items.

Also, there are millions of items for sale located within Canada and sold by Canadian sellers on eBay to buy if you’re really determined not to pay duty to anyone. Shop Canadian.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply