Error Code 70283

When I try to pay for an item I bought, I keep getting a red box that says "Your request could not be processed at this time." Error Code: 70283 This happens right after clicking on "Pay Now". It has been happening to me since yesterday & I've tried multiple times. Why is this happening?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Error Code 70283

Wow! This thread was started by OP in May 2013. Ebay employee replies in May 2013 which since we know all ebay employees are dedicated to their job this problem/issue was surely reported to the IT department for resolution back in MAY 2013

Latest reported issue in this thread May 2015. A full two years later and the great IT department has yet to resolve what many would consider a very serious issue since loss of revenue occurs for Ebay. Two FULL YEARS.....wow shake my head!

Maybe ebay bigwigs need to realize that hiring the latest IT graduates from the University of Moldavia where a year's tuition amounts to 3 yaks and a few hides may not be the best business solution.

And to think that these are the same nerds working on the .ca cart issues should be enough to initiate a nervous breakdown in any Canadian seller.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Having the same issue tonight with Chrome and IE 😞

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

@berubegirl wrote:

Wow! This thread was started by OP in May 2013. Ebay employee replies in May 2013 which since we know all ebay employees are dedicated to their job this problem/issue was surely reported to the IT department for resolution back in MAY 2013

Latest reported issue in this thread May 2015. A full two years later and the great IT department has yet to resolve what many would consider a very serious issue since loss of revenue occurs for Ebay. Two FULL YEARS.....wow shake my head!

Maybe ebay bigwigs need to realize that hiring the latest IT graduates from the University of Moldavia where a year's tuition amounts to 3 yaks and a few hides may not be the best business solution.

And to think that these are the same nerds working on the .ca cart issues should be enough to initiate a nervous breakdown in any Canadian seller.

I wouldn't be so shocked. Software quality and its close brother called security, are usually not priorities nor are they integrated into processes. It all comes down to management and they alone are responsible for their team and the end result. You think two years is enough to squash obvious bugs or other bugs that prevent people from working? Think again it only matters to the company if it affects their bottom line. And that only happens if enough people complain about it and file bug reports and it negatively influences their market-share, or some anonymous group walks off with a massive credit card data heist and the government gets involved.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I'm experiencing the same problem. I click on proceed to checkout and an error message pops up.
Stating:'Your request couldn't be processed at this time' and Error code: 70283.

Is there anything i can do to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Happy belated third birthday, thread!

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Same error here for a Canadian user trying to purchase from a US seller that does not accept PayPal.

Thanks to the info found here, I just logged out of eBay.ca and logged into eBay.com and all worked fine there.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

@mirumoto_ishi wrote:

Same error here for a Canadian user trying to purchase from a US seller that does not accept PayPal.

Is that permissible in the category from which your purchase was placed?  Does the seller offer direct credit card payments instead?

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I am also having the same problem, for over a week now, and when I contacted customer service they merely passed me off to Paypal, when my Paypal is not the problem, it's Ebay not allowing me to pay for my items, and now I have a bunch in the red and if I don't pay soon I will have strikes against me for this.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Yes, this is pretty stupid-- I can't even get far enough to *choose* what payment method I'd like to use, it **bleep**s out with the error page BEFORE I GET TO THE FIRST CHECKOUT PAGE.   Right from "Pay Now".   If it was a Paypal issue that shouldn't happen until I actually *select* paypal as a payment method-- but I never get to that choice.   Have called support twice, first time the usual-- try a different browser, a different computer-- been there done that.  Was told it'll be reported to their tech staff and to try again in 24 hours.   No luck.  5 days later, still no luck.   Called support again, this time they had me try to log in to the Australian ebay (I'm in the US and use the eBay.com address), almost the same result-- but with an additional error code-- now shows 70283 70132 as the error code.

So I informed the sellers, heard back from one who suggested he could submit a paypal request and then mark the item paid, but the messaging system doesn't like to send email addresses.    So I had to disguise the email address to get it past the check-- again, how stupid.   If they don't want email addresses to be sent over their messaging system they need to fix their freakin' checkout system.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

i am also in canada and have Error code: 70283 and its not just your web browser i use opera on fedora 24 and the ebay app on my android says i have to use a desktop computer

also none of the available help topics allow users to call ebay customer support and the ebay.com number (8665403229) is down for maintenance 

BOOO! users should be able to search error codes and then be able to call someone. 

Message 30 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Got same "Error code: 70283". Looking at the first date this error was reported ... we are in 2017 now and issue still not addressed.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I'm experiencing the same problem as well.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I just had the same issue and same error (located in Canada, purchased item from US.)

Reading some of the comments and idea, I kept my Ebay.ca logged in, but opened a new tab in Chrome for Ebay.com   I was able to log and complete my payment (although the seller's page states "only accepts paypal", when I completed my payment there was no paypal option, only visa, mastercard or american express.

Anyway, the ebay.com log on worked for me.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 34 of 34
latest reply