Feedack

m3399
Community Member

I bought a pair of glasses which came in a very dirty case.The seller blamed eBay,stating they must have repacked it at the shipping hub.I never heared a more ridiculous excuse and I left negative feedback.After less than 24 hours my feedback was gone and she has 100%.How is it possible ?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Feedack

marnotom!
Community Member
I’m guessing that the glasses are from the US or UK and were forwarded through a service such as the Global Shipping Program or eBay International Shipping. (It will say on the listing page.)

I won’t speculate on whether the seller may be right or be full of road apples, but I will say that sellers who use these forwarding services are protected against negative feedback from international buyers. Your feedback probably went poof for that reason.

Have you filed a claim to get your money back yet?
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

FWIW when the Global Shipping Program repacked a purchase of mine, the box included a Notice stating that the item (an oversized book) had been opened and repacked. The box used was not the original but much much larger. Ludicrously so.

But the new package included that Notice about their actions which had an eBay logo.

Have you filed a Not As Described claim for the dirty case?

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

The seller contacted eBay for a feedback removal.

I see more and more stories about sellers being able to have negatives removed. I also read more and more sellers refering other sellers to request feedbacks removal to eBay as it seems to work. 

You must be careful with what you write and how you write now. If you write a single sentence against rules, it will go against you. 

I barely understand how it became this regular. I see some of my competitor sellers using dishonest pratices (hiding defects, misrepresenting condition) all the time, and they are 100% positive. I'm sure that it's because they gets their negatives removed. 

Would you re write what you wrote? Maybe we could know what you wrote against rules. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

unfortunately, with all of Ebay's international shipping programs, the items get repacked at the shipping hub.  So this creates a situation where the seller can blame the hub and the hub can blame the seller and the buyer loses, to a degree.

I don't know how Ebay treats SNADs with these international shipping programs.  A dirty case should be a SNAD but will Ebay make that go poof too?  Once US sellers get wind of these polices, it will give them a lot of freedom to pull shinanigans, like in the old days.

Is it me or am i noticing a trend of treating international (outside the US) buyers as less important, while making things easier for domestic US Sellers?  

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

No,It's nothing wrong with the glasses .It's just the disgusting inside and outside of the case.

I contacted the seller to let her know about it and she blamed eBay.Ebay did not unpack and repack the item.They just put an international shippig sticker over the original (from seller to shipping hub).The case was wrapped in about a meter of tranparent thin foil.No reason for eBay to undo that.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

No I have not,because in the listing she did not mention a case at all.The glasses are okay,it's ust the dirty case that's not acceptable.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

That's what I wrote:

It was wrapped in a lot of foil and I don't think that eBay took the glasses out of the case,not even ot of the small box the case was in. They don't repack.They maybe put the package in an additional mail bag and add another sticker,but I don't want to debate.
Have a nice day.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

m3399
Community Member

Ebay is clearly on the sellers side.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

Sorry,that's wat I wrote to the seller.

As feedback,this is what I wrote:

There was nothing wrong with the product,but the dirty case is not acceptable.She could have sent it without case.I left negative not only for the dirty case,but because the seller blames eBay for repacking it.

I don't think eBay repacked it.I think it was in the case for a long time,because it was also listed on MERCARI since 2021.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

m3399
Community Member

The sellers blames eBay for messing up the case (why would they open the case ,mess it up and just send it ?) and yet eBay alowes the negative feedback be removed.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

@fergua3 

SOME items get repacked, but most do not.

How long would it take an assembly line worker to unpack and repack every single item that goes by each shift?

How much would it cost the company to buy new packaging material?

How much time would be lost in moving goods back into the mailstream if every single package was being repacked?

I did have a book repacked early in the GSP. Not only was the new package accompanied by an explanatory note on eBay letterhead, but the new package was much larger than the original, making it more expensive to ship.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

@m3399 wrote:

No I have not,because in the listing she did not mention a case at all.The glasses are okay,it's ust the dirty case that's not acceptable.

Maybe since the case was not even in the listing at all the seller thought they would include the free (dirty) case since a case would add a layer of protection for shipment of glasses. Since you were happy with the glasses (as you said) the seller probably requested having feedback removed by saying the case was not even part of the description.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

@msau4301 wrote:

@m3399 wrote:

Maybe since the case was not even in the listing at all the seller thought they would include the free (dirty) case since a case would add a layer of protection for shipment of glasses. Since you were happy with the glasses (as you said) the seller probably requested having feedback removed by saying the case was not even part of the description.

I think this is probably it. The seller just used it to protect the glasses during shipping. It's a good reminder to sellers that these kind of things matter though.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

that's good to hear.  What is the criteria for whether they repack or not, do you know?

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

The point is that she accused Ebay for "maybe" repack it and messed up the case ! How embarracing for EBAY !

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

On line shopping has been proven not to be for everyone.  You certainly have had a your share of "problematic" transactions in which you opted to leave the seller a negative feedback. You do know there is a very buyer-centric Money Back Guarantee offered by eBay for almost any reason at all.  

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Feedack

In the case of my book- it was an very large item (16"x12" but only about 1cm thick) and while it was printed in the USA, the customs declaration did not say that. Many unusual* books are printed in Hong Kong, so we get into free trade agreements.

The box it was repacked in was much deeper. I cannot imagine the seller using anything as large if only because of dimensional shipping.

Most of the items that are repacked seem in the few reports I've seen to have had poor or missing descriptions of the contents.

*Not that kind of unusual! It was about the spaceship that featured in the cult SF/F tv show Firefly and had various new stories and ancillary pictures.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply