Feedbacks

Purchased item on ebay, I am being asked to leave a feedback! Seller has not left me a feedback yet. Is this proper procedure?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Feedbacks

marnotom!
Community Member
Feedback is voluntary. Leave it whenever you feel comfortable doing so. That applies to your seller as well.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Feedbacks

Irritating to be sure. It may be an eBay bot asking for the feedback.  Do not blame the seller though.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Feedbacks

Some sellers do not leave FB until they receive FB.

Some sellers leave FB on shipment.

Some sellers never leave FB.

FB is a relic of the 20th century internet when buying from some stranger thousands of miles away was edgy and dangerous and not how we order underpants or potato peelers.

If you want to increase your FB, you are more likely to get it from this seller by leaving it. 

If you have a problem, FB is not part of the resolution process.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Feedbacks

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Some sellers do not leave FB until they receive FB.

Some sellers leave FB on shipment.

Some sellers never leave FB.

FB is a relic of the 20th century internet when buying from some stranger thousands of miles away was edgy and dangerous and not how we order underpants or potato peelers.

If you want to increase your FB, you are more likely to get it from this seller by leaving it. 

If you have a problem, FB is not part of the resolution process.

@reallynicestamps 

On the overall concept  of "Feedback" eBay is tinkering under the hood. As noted in that discussion it is currently not working the same way on app vs pc. It is also noted as causing previously removed feedback for whatever reason, to automagically return. How, what, when it will arrive and affect ca is anyones guess!! Feel free to either worry or be excited about these tinkerings.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Update-Feedback-Enhancements-now-Visible/td-p/34172644

-Lotz

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Feedbacks

Personally I wouldn't care if FB disappeared entirely.

In many cases, frustrated buyers are trying to use it to get action on an INR or NAD problem because it is easier to find than the MBG.

Less often, buyers use it to criticize a product rather than a transaction. Or react negatively to something outside of the seller's control like speed of delivery or cost of shipping.

Perhaps a better measure would be a posting of how many transactions the member has had and another of how many problems they have reported or been reported for.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Feedbacks

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Personally I wouldn't care if FB disappeared entirely.

In many cases, frustrated buyers are trying to use it to get action on an INR or NAD problem because it is easier to find than the MBG.

Less often, buyers use it to criticize a product rather than a transaction. Or react negatively to something outside of the seller's control like speed of delivery or cost of shipping.

Perhaps a better measure would be a posting of how many transactions the member has had and another of how many problems they have reported or been reported for.

@reallynicestamps 

eBays current version of feedback has entirely lost its relevance. Long time users of eBay still will use and more likely if they are also sellers. New ones use mainly, as you noted if something goes off the rails due to factors beyond a sellers control. For the last 365 days I've gotten approx. 1/3 feedback return. It was only that high due to my own piddly purchases and feedback received from sellers.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Feedbacks

Purchased item on ebay, I am being asked to leave a feedback!

Feedback reminders are generated automatically based on your Communiation Preferences. If you do not want to receive such reminders, uncheck the appropriate box.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Feedbacks

Perhaps a better measure would be a posting of how many transactions the member has had

One potential drawback to such a system is that it would be highly subject to gaming. A scammer could sell a hundred keychains for a dollar apiece and have the same feedback as a seller that had sold a hundred iPhones.

The current feedback system, for all its flaws, allows users to see what sorts of items a seller has received feedback for, and how much the items sold for, if the transactions are not private.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply