Global Shipping Program

When is ebay going to fix the gsp? I live in BC, purchased an item from California and they ship it all the way to Kentucky then back up and over to BC. Omg they are brutal. The package has already travelled twice the distance it is to my address from the seller's location and it still has to come back up. Seller's please don't use this program.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Global Shipping Program

marnotom!
Community Member

The GSP is a glorified forwarding service.  That's how forwarding works.

Think of it as taking the bus to your destination instead of driving there.  The bus makes all sorts of stops and doesn't go the direct route you'd choose if you were driving because it picks up other passengers from other destinations that are kind of, sort of along the way.

Another way of thinking of this is if you're taking a flight from, say, Comox to Kelowna, but because the airline doesn't fly directly to Kelowna, you have to make a stopover in Calgary first.

There is nothing to "fix" because the GSP serves about 100 different countries and everything forwarded by the GSP gets sent to Kentucky first.  It just doesn't happen to work so well for shipments to Canada because of geography and our established trade relationship with the United States, but stuff gets to its destination most of the time.

I'd be more concerned about your item getting to you within the estimated delivery time in the condition promised by the seller.  Is it past the last estimated delivery date?

By the way, this is a Canadian discussion board.  If you'd like US sellers to see your message, you'd be best posting it somewhere on the .com discussion boards.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply