Globegistics is the slowest form of shipping ever!!! so irritating.......

Has anyone noticed that Globegistics shipping is the worst??  It took 5 days for it to get to the Globegistics location and now I have to wait for it to arrive in Canada.  No tracking updates even though tracking is provided.   This is so frustrating........each time it takes forever and sometimes it's just a bit faster.    Anyone else notice this?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

marnotom!
Community Member

I've never heard of Globegistics until your post.

It sounds like an international mail consolidator.  These services tend to be cheaper than conventional international mail, but the trade-off is slower transit time.

From what I can see, tracking is only available for certain mail services.  But why do you need tracking?  You already know you don't have your item yet.  Why do you need tracking to confirm that?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

I've never heard of Globegistics until your post.

Me neither so I looked it up:  https://globegisticsinc.com/

@ 6lillori3, was it sent by globegistics FIRST?  If it was first mailed by USPS first to the Globegistics location then that is the postal system.  Not that any of it matters now.  The point is that the parcel is on its way and you will get it.  Eventually. 

If the globalistics tracking doesn't help then if you've got a number you can try it

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1 

If a parcel is sent by USPS first to somewhere and the seller gives you that tracking number it may not be the same one as the next place if they put their own forwarding label on the package.  By the time you sort out who to contact and how to get whatever numbers and where you can enter which number in what system,  the thing will be on your doorstep. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I think Globegistics is like a middle man.  Not too sure why they have to do this though.  USPS is just as good and quicker.   As for the tracking, it usually isn't updated so it's a waste.  Finally received my parcel.......after a very long wait but at least I have it.  I will have to remember that ordering for Christmas will have to be done early....lol!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

If I order for someone else, I usually like to tell them approximately when to expect their parcel.  For myself, I usually know approximately how long it will take to arrive.  I order many items for others since they don't want to open an ebay account for some reason.  Tracking isn't really a big deal but the long wait is, even for me.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@6lillori3 wrote:

I think Globegistics is like a middle man.  Not too sure why they have to do this though.  USPS is just as good and quicker.   As for the tracking, it usually isn't updated so it's a waste.  Finally received my parcel.......after a very long wait but at least I have it.  I will have to remember that ordering for Christmas will have to be done early....lol!

That sounds similar to Pitney-Bowes' GSP.  They're a middle man, too.  USPS direct is better and faster but did your seller not offer it?  Those "forwarding service" forms of shipping do slow the process down but at least you know you will be getting your item.  The GSP can be expensive for some things.  Was Globalistics cheaper?  If the seller does not offer USPS to Canada, you can always ask.  If the item can come First Class then you have tracking, but more important to the seller is they get delivery confirmation. 

Christmas slows down postal systems all over so buy early.  There are some sellers who close down as it gets close to Dec 25th because too many buyers don't realize just how long the delays can be.  So shop early, especially if you have to use a service like GSP or Globalistics. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

The section on parcel consolidators in this online article may be worth a read as Globegistics gets a mention:

http://www.webretailer.com/lean-commerce/save-on-shipping/

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Hey, did you know that you can also check status on this Globegistics Inc. Tracking site.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

pirjca0
Community Member
Very slow service. On my parcel the last update is Dec 7th and now it is Dec 14 and it hasnt moved. Would like it for christmas but wont hold my breath.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@pirjca0 wrote:

Very slow service. On my parcel the last update is Dec 7th and now it is Dec 14 and it hasnt moved. Would like it for christmas but wont hold my breath.

No further tracking information doesn't necessarily mean that the item hasn't moved.  It may be that a scan or two hasn't made it to the tracking database.

Tracking doesn't tell you where your item is.  It just tells you where the last recorded scan was made.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

My package went missing, it's been over a month and nothing. Very poor
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

My package went missing, it's been over a month and nothing. I'm told if I have insurance to file for it, otherwise they have no updates for me. They also told me that I should have paid for a more expensive delivery with tracking. I wrote "regardless of the method I chose to ship with, it should not affect reliability of the shipment itself. In other words, any shipping method should have certainty of delivery"

At which time they informed me that "be informed that there is nothing more that can be done unless insurance was purchased for the package"

Avoid at all cost, very poor.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@techbari wrote:

My package went missing, it's been over a month and nothing. I'm told if I have insurance to file for it, otherwise they have no updates for me. They also told me that I should have paid for a more expensive delivery with tracking. I wrote "regardless of the method I chose to ship with, it should not affect reliability of the shipment itself. In other words, any shipping method should have certainty of delivery"

At which time they informed me that "be informed that there is nothing more that can be done unless insurance was purchased for the package"

Avoid at all cost, very poor.

When was the latest estimated delivery date given by eBay? You have 30 days after that date to file for Item Not Received. So if the latest date given by eBay was December 15, you have until January 14 to file a claim.

If that delay has passed, you have 180 days from date of payment with PayPal. Not shipping, payment. Open a dispute there. It usually asks you to contact the seller, but you have already done that. Change the dispute immediately into a claim.

By the way, insurance is for the seller's protection. So if the seller bought insurance, they should file an insurance claim. That is not your responsability!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Thank you, very useful information. This however was a shipment from a third party delivery service MyMallBox.com, who intern uses Globegistics as an intermediary delivery service and not USPS direct. Globegistics lost the package.
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@techbari wrote:

Thank you, very useful information. This however was a shipment from a third party delivery service MyMallBox.com, who intern uses Globegistics as an intermediary delivery service and not USPS direct. Globegistics lost the package.

If the item was purchased on eBay and the third party delivery service was the seller's choice, you have access to eBay and PayPal's remedies for not-received items, no matter how the item was shipped to you.

If using MyMailBox.com was your choice, you'd have to wear this problem, unfortunately.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Tracking it helps to record where it is in case it is lost or stolen. I have had a parcel stolen. And it was tracked
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

For eBay members, tracking (actually Confirmation of Delivery) is a Seller Protection.

In cases of non-delivery, for any reason, the buyer asks either eBay (30 day window after last estimated date for delivery) or Paypal (180 days from payment) for a refund.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, DELIVERY) the buyer is refunded.

Theft is a matter for the police and the postal authorities.

The buyer really only needs a refund.

If your item is not delivered in a timely manner, open the Dispute and get your money back.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@ryatomlinso-0wrote:
Tracking it helps to record where it is in case it is lost or stolen. I have had a parcel stolen. And it was tracked

If a package is lost or stolen, you'll know where it was, thanks to the tracking.  But the tracking won't tell you where it is.

Unless it's being tracked with some GPS device.  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2016

@happy_pigeon

Message 19 of 19
latest reply