How Long Until a FedEx International Label Expires?

I ordered a collectable from Japan. It took 2 weeks to get a tracking number (handling time was 5-10 business days). The FedEx label was printed a week ago... no pickup scan. I messaged last week with no response. I fear the seller is giving me the runaround, as they do have some NFB re selling without having the item in stock, and keeping $ until buyer files INR (which is ~10 weeks for international buyers).

Anyone know how long the seller has to drop off the package to FedEx before the label can be canceled or expires?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@teenytrinkets wrote:
I ordered a collectable from Japan. It took 2 weeks to get a tracking number (handling time was 5-10 business days). The FedEx label was printed a week ago... no pickup scan. I messaged last week with no response. I fear the seller is giving me the runaround, as they do have some NFB re selling without having the item in stock, and keeping $ until buyer files INR (which is ~10 weeks for international buyers).

Anyone know how long the seller has to drop off the package to FedEx before the label can be canceled or expires?

It appears there "may" be some issues currently with Fedex services and scanning. I've had 3 orders(Fedex Ground) of late where the label was created but no followup scanning happened. 2 were delivered in the recommended delivery window. Waiting on the last one for updates/followup. Full tracking details showed up(displayed) after the 2 items were delivered.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yeah, I've seen that happen with FedEx Ground - but this is Express International. Zero scans. No response from seller. Bad fb. I think I'm getting the shaft... but time will tell, I suppose. Any way to determine if a label is "legit"?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

Yeah, I've seen that happen with FedEx Ground - but this is Express International. Zero scans. No response from seller. Bad fb. I think I'm getting the shaft... but time will tell, I suppose. Any way to determine if a label is "legit"?

If you enter the tracking directly into Fedex it will confirm if/when it was created. From the eBay site it may have been manually entered and its possible there was a typo in the process. According to Fedex CS, ALL parcels should be scanned at time of pickup by the driver and again when they reach the depot. (They either can scan individually or for a business a manifest is scanned linked to all parcels processed for pickup.) I'm curious to know if some steps along the way are being skipped because of staffing issues, with nothing officially from Fedex.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yeah, this Tracking exists on the FedEx website, but no scans in over a week means it really hasn't been shipped. So it's been over 3 weeks now with no shipping. And no response from the seller with two attempts to contact. Not looking good...
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:
Yeah, this Tracking exists on the FedEx website, but no scans in over a week means it really hasn't been shipped. So it's been over 3 weeks now with no shipping. And no response from the seller with two attempts to contact. Not looking good...

Most recent service alerts I can find for Fedex from Japan. Possibly something in there will give you more information.

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/apac-asia-pacific/downloads/fedex-covid-service-update-en-cn...

-Lotz

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@teenytrinkets 

From the fedex Canada page. FYI for anyone using Fedex.

Current situations affecting shipments

https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/service-alerts.html

January 13, 2022

The accelerated surge of the COVID-19 omicron variant has caused a temporary shortage of available crew members and operational staff in the FedEx Express air network. Further, extreme weather across North America has impacted service into some areas, particularly in British Columbia and the Maritimes.  To address these challenges and minimize any delays, we are implementing our contingency plans and flexing our networks. The safety of our team members remains our top priority, and we will continue to adjust operations as necessary during this time to minimize delays.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the update about the FedEx delays. I've actually anticipated that. I just wish the seller would respond to my messages to reassure me, if this is the case. Not having an outgoing scan over 3 weeks after purchase, in addition to no response to my repeated communication attempts, really doesn't look good. But these days you gotta be super patient!!! I may have to wait until March to do anything! Uggghhh!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

Thanks for the update about the FedEx delays. I've actually anticipated that. I just wish the seller would respond to my messages to reassure me, if this is the case. Not having an outgoing scan over 3 weeks after purchase, in addition to no response to my repeated communication attempts, really doesn't look good. But these days you gotta be super patient!!! I may have to wait until March to do anything! Uggghhh!

One thing to ALWAYS take into consideration as far as it goes for messaging buyers and sellers is there is no way to know for sure if they are seeing your messages. Due to spam filtering, eBay filters or buyers/sellers that don't check their mail you never know what is or isn't seen. Throw in sending a message to someone and the bots catching it for any mysterious reason it has become a major lottery trying to stay in touch.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

Not sure if it is a matching situation, but in my case when I went to check up on Fedex tracking this mornig getting a "No record of this tracking number can be found at this time, please check the number and try again later. For further assistance, please contact Customer Service." error message. Has totally disappeared off the radar. My label was created last Tuesday. All I've heard from shipper is item was shipped even though a pick up cannot be confirmed.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 10
latest reply