How much time do I give before escalating a INR case?

An item I purchased on May 26th hasn't arrived, the delivery estimate is Jun 4-Jun 17 and tracking shows the last time it was scanned was June 9th in Chicago. I opened a INR case through Ebay yesterday. The seller responded asking me to wait due to delivery delays which I'm willing to do but I don't want to lose my money so how long do I have before I have to escalate it? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You had 30 days after June 17 (the last estimated date for delivery) to open the INR dispute.

While it is polite to give the seller a little leeway, the shipper (USPS?) cannot show any movement since June 9th.
Chicago has turned into a Black Hole for USPS and some members have reported shipments being moved hundreds if not thousands of miles before getting moving again. The usual WAG is that an entire container was driven to another terminal and the shipment was in that truckload and finally started moving again.

However.

If you feel polite, allow the seller until Friday (your choice) to show movement, then escalate to a claim.

Tell the  seller that when the shipment arrives, he should send you a  Paypal invoice and you can return the refund.

Because you are in a transaction with him, you can give him your email address for the PP account.

This is not the seller's fault, but it is his responsibility.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have 21 business days after escalating the claim to ask ebay to step in so you still have time to do that.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply