I didn't received the item. Seller said I will lose the buyer protection if they resent it?

I purchased an item on 03-Feb-17.  It is April now so I sent an email to the seller that I didn't receive the email and request the seller if it is possible to re-sent it with a faster carrier.  I think they should cover the cost. 

If they resend the item, I will lose the buyer protection? Can anyone help? I don't think it is fair.  Not professional customer care service!  

Thanks! 

CS

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I didn't received the item. Seller said I will lose the buyer protection if they resent it?

marnotom!
Community Member
This is terrific customer service, provided that your seller gives you a refund for both your item and the shipping cost.

It also makes it easier to repay your seller if the original item does eventually show up.

Having said that, if your item is coming from China, I suggest you accept the refund from the seller and purchase your item from a seller located elsewhere. Have a read of some of the threads on this board about slow shipping from China.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Your Buyer Protection is basically that you can get a refund when things go badly.

In this case, the seller is saying that the original item will probably never arrive

They want to refund you.

This will end the transaction.

Once mailed the seller has no control over your shipment. He cannot tell Canada Post (or any other shipper) that he wants to upgrade the service at this point. And the shipper would have no way of doing that either.

The advantage to you is that you get your money back, without the fuss of an eBay or Paypal Claim. Much faster.

The advantage to the seller is that they don't have to worry about getting a Defect on their Seller Account, which is a serious problem for any seller.

In my opinion, this is a very professional response.

You have a problem which you brought to the attention of the seller.

The seller promptly offered you a refund.

He then asked that you consider re-ordering the item for which you would be refunded.

And did it politely.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Note to others: Original post contained email from seller encouraging buyer to accept a refund and repurchase the item.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As has been previously said, as backwards as it sounds to you at this point, what your seller is telling you is absolutely true.

If your item is lost in the mail, it is lost. Nothing can bring it back. 

Buyer Protection guarantees you get the item you ordered or your money back.

The item you ordered.... Or your money back.

Take the refund and try again. Whether it's from that seller or another, the decision is up to you.

As disappointing as it may be, your seller is giving you valid advice. Too often, unscrupulous sellers offer to 'send a replacement' and that replacement item never arrives either but in the meantime the waiting for it times-out the buyer's protection period and the buyer is then left with no item and no money. 

Best to take your refund and start fresh. And that means fresh with another round of buyer protection.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Also. as the buyer, you can purchase a faster postal service if one is available from the seller. Assuming there is some sense of urgency with the delivery of the item. 

It sounds as if your seller is doing everything that he can. None of us control the carriers.

Where was this order coming from? If the answer is China, you will absolutely want to upgrade to an expedited, tracked postal service. There are months-long delays with lettermail and small packets from China right now as Customs agents inspect all mail coming for illegal opioid drugs. This is an ongoing issue. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member
This is terrific customer service, provided that your seller gives you a refund for both your item and the shipping cost.

It also makes it easier to repay your seller if the original item does eventually show up.

Having said that, if your item is coming from China, I suggest you accept the refund from the seller and purchase your item from a seller located elsewhere. Have a read of some of the threads on this board about slow shipping from China.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Your Buyer Protection is basically that you can get a refund when things go badly.

In this case, the seller is saying that the original item will probably never arrive

They want to refund you.

This will end the transaction.

Once mailed the seller has no control over your shipment. He cannot tell Canada Post (or any other shipper) that he wants to upgrade the service at this point. And the shipper would have no way of doing that either.

The advantage to you is that you get your money back, without the fuss of an eBay or Paypal Claim. Much faster.

The advantage to the seller is that they don't have to worry about getting a Defect on their Seller Account, which is a serious problem for any seller.

In my opinion, this is a very professional response.

You have a problem which you brought to the attention of the seller.

The seller promptly offered you a refund.

He then asked that you consider re-ordering the item for which you would be refunded.

And did it politely.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Note to others: Original post contained email from seller encouraging buyer to accept a refund and repurchase the item.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As has been previously said, as backwards as it sounds to you at this point, what your seller is telling you is absolutely true.

If your item is lost in the mail, it is lost. Nothing can bring it back. 

Buyer Protection guarantees you get the item you ordered or your money back.

The item you ordered.... Or your money back.

Take the refund and try again. Whether it's from that seller or another, the decision is up to you.

As disappointing as it may be, your seller is giving you valid advice. Too often, unscrupulous sellers offer to 'send a replacement' and that replacement item never arrives either but in the meantime the waiting for it times-out the buyer's protection period and the buyer is then left with no item and no money. 

Best to take your refund and start fresh. And that means fresh with another round of buyer protection.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Also. as the buyer, you can purchase a faster postal service if one is available from the seller. Assuming there is some sense of urgency with the delivery of the item. 

It sounds as if your seller is doing everything that he can. None of us control the carriers.

Where was this order coming from? If the answer is China, you will absolutely want to upgrade to an expedited, tracked postal service. There are months-long delays with lettermail and small packets from China right now as Customs agents inspect all mail coming for illegal opioid drugs. This is an ongoing issue. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply