I think I was scammed

listing was for 10+ in stock so I went to buy two and the transaction failed it took $20 from my bank and now the listing has went away my cart goes from saying two items in my cart to none the item listing name was HTC ONE M8 GOLD 32GB UNLOCKED AMBER 1 M 8 32 GB PHONE GSM NEW and the name was some variation of Ryan's Games is there anything that can be done? it appears on my bank as "*pi 20. 13_v"

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I think I was scammed

I was able to find the listing # through my history

This listing (331842174447) has been removed, or this item is not available.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I think I was scammed

Ok.

The listing was probably a scam and you are well out of it.

Go to your Paypal account and confirm that nothing has been charged to your account.

Learning experiences are the worst, amirite?

Stick with North American sellers for the moment. Read not only FB percentages, but also what the FB says for persistent problems.

And remember that 97% may be a terrific grade in physics, but it is horrible on eBay.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I think I was scammed

it appears on my bank as "*pi 20. 13_v"

So did this go through Paypal? If not sign up for PP, which is free for the buyer, and back it with a credit card. Seriously, this is two more levels of Buyer Protection.

Do you have an actual bank branch?

If so, go there, in human form, and ask what the fur?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I think I was scammed

it was a north american sale
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I think I was scammed

If it was actually charged to your bank account through paypal then you should be able to open a not received claim through Paypal.  Are you positive that the bank charge is for those 2 items and not for something else?  On the listing, did the $20 charge include shipping for both items?

I was able to find the listing # through my history

You found it in your purchase history or in your browser history? If it is showing in your purchase history then the sale must have gone through and you should be able to see if it has been mailed out.

Sorry but the information is a bit confusing. The seller themselves can not scam you and take it out of your bank account. It would have had to have been done through Paypal so you might want to call them about it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I think I was scammed

i have not attempted to make any other purchase and it was in my browser history also since after that i have had to use a different browser because ie says cross site scripting

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I think I was scammed

my bank told me i would have to file a complaint here does ebay have an email for customer support where i can make a claim and send screenshots and what not?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I think I was scammed

Payment is not done through eBay though, it is done through Paypal so you really should phone them or file an item not received claim through them. Normally you would make an item not received claim through eBay but if you can't see that sale in your purchase history you need to go through Paypal.

eBay doesn't have a complaint email address, you would have to phone them.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply