Inaccurate description

Apparently we can't report inaccurate descriptions unless we actually buy the item. The categories under "report" don't include it. There are several offers for "100% wool cashmere socks" that aren't even wool, much less 100% cashmere, and several thst are wool blends, not even 100% wool. Why is this allowed? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Inaccurate description

marnotom!
Community Member

How do you prove something like this unless the description and listing title don't match?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Inaccurate description

The proof is in the description. Please read my comment again.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Inaccurate description

I'm still not following you.

Are you saying you can read the description of the item and that somehow proves that the item isn't as described?

How can you prove that the item isn't as described if you don't have the item in your possession?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Inaccurate description

If you see a title that specifies 100% cashmere wool and the description states blended wool etc you can report them by choosing 

listing practices

browse and search manipulation

I do see a lot of them using cashmere in the title and then specifying wool blend in the description but it's possible those blends do have cashmere in them and since the title doesn't claim they are pure cashmere they aren't in violation as far as I know.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Inaccurate description

@marnotom! wrote:

I'm still not following you.

Are you saying you can read the description of the item and that somehow proves that the item isn't as described?

How can you prove that the item isn't as described if you don't have the item in your possession?

If the title states 100% cashmere and description states something else, you don't need the item in hand to know that one of the statements is misleading.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Inaccurate description

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
If the title states 100% cashmere and description states something else, you don't need the item in hand to know that one of the statements is misleading.

That's what I thought the OP might have meant, but their posts have me confused now.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply