Is American soda restricted?

I just received a notification, well, a message from GSP saying "Delay at Global Shipping Center - Item Restricted". I bought, separately, 2 12 packs of Wild Cherry Pepsi from PA. 12 aluminum cans. I desperately needed my fix after 7+ months without my favourite pop, the border closure to non-essential travel has taken a toll on me.

The first one shipped here just fine, just needs to be picked up by the carrier here in Quebec and then delivered to my door.

Question is: should I be concerned about the second, which is what prompted the alert? It doesn't say "undeliverable", but my brain raised a red flag on that one.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is American soda restricted?

The problem may be the liquid contents and how your seller packed them.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have bought from this seller twice before, soda bottles, with no problems. I don't think that's it. But thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

An older version of the GSP information page states that shipments of "liquids, liquefiable substances, and powders" are prohibited through the program.  This page is still viewable on the eBay Singapore site:

https://www.ebay.com.sg/pages/help/buy/shipping-globally.html#prohibited

I'd chalk up your past purchases to being lucky, although I suppose there is the possibility that the restriction on liquids shipments has been relaxed but whoever handled your latest purchase didn't get the memo.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks to both of you, but they both got shipped to Canada just fine.

One already cleared customs, and the other one shipped after the delay.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@tabuuforte wrote:

Thanks to both of you, but they both got shipped to Canada just fine.

One already cleared customs, and the other one shipped after the delay.

Great.  What you saw, then, was somebody or somebodies making a judgement call or two.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply