Is anyone else having major troubles with receiving items?

I pretty regularly buy a bunch of stuff mostly from Asia, and I would say approximately 70% of the stuff I order off eBay never arrives. On top of that, some stuff ordered may 1 says the arrival will be in aug? I have had some items that their expected arrival is 4 months after purchase? Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is anyone else having major troubles with receiving items?

Definitely not just you.  In years past, things from China would take about a month to arrive.  Recently things seem to have changed for the worse.  I made 4 separate orders from China over 4 months ago and nothing has arrived yet.  Its terrible.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It is important to read the shipping page, not just for cost, but for that arrival date which affects your Money Back Guarantee.

You can't open an eBay Dispute until the last estimated date for delivery eBay gave you.

—————————————————————
If it has been less than 30 days since the last estimated date for delivery, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If it has been longer, go to your Paypal account instead. Their Resolution Centre is at the top of the page under Tools.

In either case the first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

If you do, the ONLY thing you want is a refund. Don't get into a conversation and don't accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive either.

Ask eBay/PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Now-- Paypal covers you for 180 days from PAYMENT. So if your item is way too long in arriving, you can try starting there.

And of course, you may also be covered by the chargeback service of the credit card you back your Paypal account with.

Those long delivery periods are usually on cheap items that will be sent Surface and often untracked.  The only way to avoid the problem is not to buy.

However, occasionally they show up on higher value items (higher being over $10) and frankly, those are a scam. The seller is hoping that the buyer won't be able to figure out how to get a refund.  (Hint- PP covers you for six months after shipping, and your credit card may also.)

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@hick-cecil wrote:
I pretty regularly buy a bunch of stuff mostly from Asia, and I would say approximately 70% of the stuff I order off eBay never arrives. On top of that, some stuff ordered may 1 says the arrival will be in aug? I have had some items that their expected arrival is 4 months after purchase? Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Shouldn't E-bay or PayPal increase the duration for the money back guarantee if it is going to take that long before one receives it ? What is maximum duration of days we can still make claim if we don't receive an item ? Does it start from the latest expectancy date it will arrive ?

Thanks

Zhongjai

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Absolutely!  I am long term eBay buyer and I have never experienced anything like this at the moment.  I spend half my my time in Canada and half in Australia.  I have had no problems in Australia.  But in Canada over the last 6 months it is 50/50 if the item will ever be delivered when ordered from China.  From within Canada or from the USA it is not a problem.  It is not just limited to eBay though.  I have had the same experience on the other popular sites.   On the other hand I ordered an item from Hong Kong a few weeks ago and it arrived in less than 3 weeks.  Go figure!

I have no problem getting refunds but I was starting to worry that it might reflect on me as a buyer.  It is (sort of) reassuring that it is not only me having the problem.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@zhongjai 

Shouldn't E-bay or PayPal increase the duration for the money back guarantee

The eBay Money Back Guarantee runs for 30 days after the last estimated date for delivery.

If the seller says it will take 60 days to arrive, you have 90 days to Dispute an Item Not Received when you include the supposed transit time and the open dispute period.

The Paypal Buyer Protection runs for 180 days (six months) from payment.

Better is you own Caveat Emptor policy.

See what the seller says is the delivery period and avoid those you find too long.

And if you go past the last date for delivery, open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of the page and get your money refunded.

I've been in mail order since the 1970s and it takes about 20 days for delivery from North America and about 30 days from China. This has not changed. If the seller says differently, he is not using a prompt and reliable shipping service.

In many cases, he is not using a shipping service at all. He sells vapourware and hopes the suckers buyers don't know how to get their money refunded.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply