Is there a way to fix this error?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings and Salutations,

Whenever I click the "Pay Now" button, it gives me an error stating "This item does not ship to QC, Canada." However, both the seller and I are in the same area, which is Quebec. So I don't understand why this error keeps occurring. We have tried fixing the issue yesterday and got a common solution from an eBay CSR to wait for 24h and try again. The CSR the seller spoke to told him that it is a website error, hence wait for 24h to get it fixed. I even called CSR again because it didn't work when I tried it. It is now 24h and I am afraid to get an "Unpaid item" warning in my account. It isn't my fault and the seller is trying his best to accommodate such hilarious error. We have tried everything. Is there anything we can do to solve this mess?

Thank you for your time an consideration!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to fix this error?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The way I fixed the error that was occurring was just to change my language to french, since the seller's item was posted to the french side of eBay Canada. After that, it went super smooth and I was able to pay for the item!!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

There is a well-documented bug with certain items on ebay.ca. It is ongoing and most likely will not be fixed within 24 hours. If it was that easy to fix, the techs would have figured out a way to do it months ago when it first cropped up.

Ask your Seller to send you an invoice (for tangible goods, not a donation to friends and family) through paypal and then mark it is Paid when you pay. Ask the seller to include in the item description on the paypal invoice the ebay sale description, item number and title.

This is the best workaround, and it's totally legit. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, that is probably what we will have to do.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Umm--- is this perfume by any chance?

There was a problem a couple of years ago when, the QC /French Canada sub-site, was being confused with the French site.

France has strict controls over the importation of perfumes.

Just wondering if that had come up again.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, it's a Strategy Guide. And it's so nerve-racking just to buy the book... 😧
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, I have contacted the seller yesterday and haven't received any responses from them yet. And I have committed to buy the item 2 days ago but because of this glitch I was unable to. I have sent him a message today just to inquire about the situation, hoping to pay for this order by this afternoon or tonight. Should I just ask for a cancellation? I find the amount of stress just to buy this item is absurd!!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Any smart seller doesn't let their buyer languish two days with a question to answer. On those grounds alone, I would consider asking for a cancellation.

This problem with checking- out is easily worked-around with a PayPal invoice. Give them another day or two.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjwl2006

Yeah, I got it to work and paid for the item finally. I fixed the error that kept occurring without his help. In my opinion, he deserves a 3star FB. I did all the work and tried to pay for the item, and he hasn't replied to my messages since July 13th, and we are July 15th. I asked for a total hoping it would work yesterday, July 14th, but he hasn't responded to that as well.

Is it harsh for me to give him a 3star FB because of what happened?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
The way I fixed the error that was occurring was just to change my language to french, since the seller's item was posted to the french side of eBay Canada. After that, it went super smooth and I was able to pay for the item!!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply