Items stopped moving after clearing customs

Hi there, I recently purchased 2 items, and after they cleared customs, they have not moved according to tracking.  It's been 17 days since they cleared customs.  Neither have been assigned a tracking number from Intelcom, or a third party courier as usual per the global shipping program.  Today is the day after expected delivery for one item, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to file for item not received.  Is there anything I can do to find out where these packages are or how to get them moving again?

Please help,  I really want these items!

thanks,

Dan

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Items stopped moving after clearing customs

marnotom!
Community Member

I doubt your items have stopped moving.  I think it's more likely that they've been assigned to a carrier whose tracking information isn't meshing with Pitney Bowes' IT system.  Are you tracking your items on one of Pitney Bowes' websites?  Usually after you enter the "UPAA" tracking number and get the tracking information it has on file, there's a link you can tap or link to the final carrier's website.

https://parceltracking.pb.com   OR https://tracking.pb.com

Having said all that, where you're located could have a big impact on the transit of your items.  If you're west and south of Kamloops, your items could well have been delayed by all the floods and road washouts.  I'm currently waiting for an item (non-eBay) that shipped out of the Mississauga area on November 12 and was held up in Calgary for a couple of weeks.

I'd give your items until the end of the week just to be on the safe side if you're in British Columbia.  If you're not, I'd wait until early next week before filing an "Item Not Received" claim.  If you can't find out the last-mile carrier, there's really nothing you can do to give your items a nudge, and even if you do have this information, there's likely not much more you can do, either.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Like wise 17 days, but not an issue until a week or so after eBay's estimated delivery date passes.

You only have 30 days, from eBay's last estimated date for delivery to open a Not Received case.

Don't let that limit lapse.

I've grown to accept the lack of updates now.

During the past year, I've found tracking updates to be sorely lacking with many various couriers delivering items I've purchased.

Here's my latest:

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Neither have been assigned a tracking number from Intelcom,

FWIW - that fecesprogram of a delivery company is just one of the last mile carriers used by GSP/Pitney Bowes.

I agree with marnotom! on waiting til the end of the week before filing.

This would also be true for Maritimers.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Actually, that's a goof on my part.  That should have read "the end of next week". 

And great point about the Maritimes.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@dcauley97 

tyler@ebay 

As per above would it be possible to  have dot ca update the link for tracking GSP shipments. There definitely seems to be shortcomings for what a buyer is able to find  between the 2 sites. GSP has been around for years so these sorts of issues should have been long worked out. Comparison below.

Dot ca:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/postage-delivery/changing-delivery-address-method/international-purc...

Dot com:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Both are a mouthful. The dot com page is much easier to navigate and definitely more user friendly. GSP Tracking as a search will work but does not seem to be what most users use when having issues. This is why so many still show up at a discussion board looking for answers wanting to know why their package appears to have "disappeared" off the planet. (Shipping and Tracking on dot ca is hidden at the bottom of the page. Might be more helpful if it was closer to the top of the main page.

The GSP program is only a good program if it works efficiently for both the Seller AND the Buyer.

-Lotz

As a sidenote I've lost track of the number of times @marnotom!  has posted tracking links for the GSP program.  By now it could be in the millions!!! If eBay had to pay for each time they would have retired a thousand times over  😮

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Thank you, yes i have been using the pitney bowes website you provided.  I called ebay today and waited on hold for an hour an a half and no one answered.

here are my tracking numbers:

UPAAG000000005852084

UPAAH000000005920490

i guess ill just have to wait and keep checking for updates.

Thank you so much.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

Like wise 17 days, but not an issue until a week or so after eBay's estimated delivery date passes.

You only have 30 days, from eBay's last estimated date for delivery to open a Not Received case.

Don't let that limit lapse.

I've grown to accept the lack of updates now.

During the past year, I've found tracking updates to be sorely lacking with many various couriers delivering items I've purchased.

Here's my latest:

Capture.JPG

From a reverse perspective, I have a USA Expedited shipment  heading to IIllinois according to eBay should take 5 to 10 days compared to the same Tracked which suggests 5 to 8 days. (According to ebay a premium services has more leeway that a lesser service.) Normally my stuff gets routed by way of Richmond and LAX and then forwarded for delivery. Because of roads being out in BC, shipments are now moving cross country via Toronto and down and taking longer. Fear is package will have to go through ChICaGo!!! We don't even want to go there!!!

For some reason it seems to be perfectly acceptable for shipments to be expected to the USA with very short windows but when it comes to the reverse "eventually" is entirely acceptable. A small 20.00 dollar item from Indiana to Calgary with GSP is  bafflingly 18 to 23 business days for 2.5 x the shipping price in USD. From a buyers perspective they just want to get their purchase. Not worrying, will they have to deal with the stresses of refunds and re-ordering. Starting from square one all over.

In comparing delivery windows available for listing on the 2 sites what shows on dot com is definitely longer than what's available to dot ca sellers. As for the disclaimer regarding the BC situation, its anyone guess as to how rigidly it's being applied.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Uh huh, okay then.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Neither have been assigned a tracking number from Intelcom,

FWIW - that fecesprogram of a delivery company is just one of the last mile carriers used by GSP/Pitney Bowes.

@dcauley97 

If you happen to purchase something from the River in many cases delivered by Intelcom you will receive either text/email message with a photo confirming your item has been delivered.  Checking the delivery status will give you the parcels intended ETA window...So a buyer can plan and hopefully avoid those nasty porch pirates.

Parcels that get moved with eBay  and end up either in Intelcom/Apple do not seem to include this feature because of how email addies are or are not attached to the shipping specifics within eBay.  In rare cases if a package ends up getting handed to CP for last mile delivery it is much safer and can be dropped in the buyers community mail box or tagged for pick up. Something almost impossible to coordinate with Apple/Intelcom....Both, when making your purchase and when your parcel is possibly out for delivery.  Your parcel may or not have been dropped off and you will never know. Leading to all the confusion we routinely see regarding GSP.

-Lotz

(As a sidenote the majority of Apple/Intelcom drivers do NOT read any address notes or make an attempt to follow them, from my experience. With many other suppliers it is possible to add exception notes to package delivery. Something not built into eBay unless you add to the 2nd address line and by luck, it's spotted.) When my buyers let me know about anything special for delivery, I make sure to add to the address label and highlight.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@dcauley97 

tyler@ebay 

As per above would it be possible to  have dot ca update the link for tracking GSP shipments. There definitely seems to be shortcomings for what a buyer is able to find  between the 2 sites. GSP has been around for years so these sorts of issues should have been long worked out. Comparison below.

Dot ca:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/postage-delivery/changing-delivery-address-method/international-purc...

Dot com:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Both are a mouthful. The dot com page is much easier to navigate and definitely more user friendly. GSP Tracking as a search will work but does not seem to be what most users use when having issues. This is why so many still show up at a discussion board looking for answers wanting to know why their package appears to have "disappeared" off the planet. (Shipping and Tracking on dot ca is hidden at the bottom of the page. Might be more helpful if it was closer to the top of the main page.

The GSP program is only a good program if it works efficiently for both the Seller AND the Buyer.

-Lotz

As a sidenote I've lost track of the number of times @marnotom!  has posted tracking links for the GSP program.  By now it could be in the millions!!! If eBay had to pay for each time they would have retired a thousand times over  😮

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I know that updating the Help Pages is an ongoing project for dot ca, I'll make sure this one is on the radar for a review!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@dcauley97 

Never phone eBay.

Use the Chat option, which is written not oral and is manned by eBay employees, not undertrained subcontractors with a script and no authority.

Or use https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Which seem to have better responses.

All three have another bonus, they give you a transcript which you can re-read to see if what you think you were told is actually what you were told.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

jdj53
Community Member

I think the problems are a backlog at Canada Customs. I have three orders that are 'customs cleared.' One has been sitting for 7 days and this is the last expected day of arrival. I will give them another ten days and then put in a claim against the GSP.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

If the item is “customs cleared,” then it’s made it through any backlog that may be in customs. It’s more likely a delay on the carrier’s part combined with scan info not getting communicated to the Pitney Bowes system.

I wouldn’t be surprised if these smaller carriers that the GSP is now using are waiting for trucks to fill up and/or their delivery schedule to non-urban centres is pretty sporadic.
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

jdj53
Community Member

We're talking London Ontario here, hardly a non urban area...lol

Message 15 of 29
latest reply

Fair enough, but these smaller carriers probably aren't doing a lot of business with London's major employers the way that, say, Purolator or Canada Post would be, and they might not get out there from Mississauga or wherever their hub is on a daily basis.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I've received my delivery now.

Obviously the OP hasn't.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

jdj53
Community Member

Mine have started to move as well. The one that was past the last expected date is out for delivery with Intelcom as well as one that was only five days past customs clearance. One came yesterday right after customs clearing the day before. Just a back log close the holidays. I wasn't worried that they wouldn't arrive eventually. 

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

I've received my delivery now.

Obviously the OP hasn't.

Looks like one of them arrived Wednesday.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Glad I'm not the only one. I have a package that cleared customs in Toronto on Nov. 24th, but no movement since. It should be shipping with Canada post, but no tracking number has been provided.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply