Need help with purchased item

jmagvest52
Community Member

Could use help. I purchased an item a few weeks ago. I never got it. It's past the expected date. However I purchased it as a guest at the time. After the payment I never got an ebay confirmation. I got hold of the customer service team by phone. Them confirmed item and order #. Since then that number is now out of service. So How do I now get my item or my money back?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How did you pay?
If you used Paypal their Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Activities.

If you used a credit card, phone the 1-800 number about a chargeback.

However, I notice you say you did not get an eBay confirmation.

Check your Junk Mail and Deleted lists on your email accounts. (All of them if you have more than one.)

You have an order number?

Go to Help & Contact->Get help with an item that hasn't arrived->Report an item that hasn't arrived (yes there are two of these)->Search for an item

You are better off with the automated system  than with the undertrained subcontractors on the phone. And better off with the Chat function than the phones, since that gives you a written record of what was said, not what you think was said.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can buy as a guest on eBay?!?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@fh991586 wrote:

You can buy as a guest on eBay?!?

Yes, subject to some restrictions.  For example, guests can't bid on auctions.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/paying-items/buying-guest?id=4035

I don't remember when eBay started offering this option, but it feels like a couple of years, at least.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply