Negative Feed Back Removed

I recently made a purchase on ebay that the seller refused to respond to messages and didnt ship until i reported him to ebay , purchased item on aug 11 , finally shipped on aug 21 , shipment received on sept 6 , i gave the seller negative feed back , and then a couple of hours later ebay removed my feed back . the feed back was within ebays guidelines and should not have been removed , sellers like him are getting away with way too much and too often , ive been a buyer/seller for 7 years and have a perfect record , buyers deserve to be aware of sellers like him and feed back shouldnt be removed , im now at odds on whether or not to continue being a member of ebay.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You may be not able to leave  feedback if less than seven days have passed. This "cooling off period" is available to some sellers.

I'm not sure why, TRS perhaps?

BTW - feedback is not used by eBay to assess member accounts because it is voluntary. Some sellers for example leave FB as a group occasionally and won't respond to each transaction personally. Some leave feedback on shipment.

It's voluntary.

As many members say, we're here to buy and sell stuff, not feedback.

Which is as honest as the barista's "have a nice day".

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Out of sheer curiosity, what method did you use to "report the seller to eBay"?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I read more and more stories like this. Talking in sellers community i noticed a tendency past months from sellers to have feedbacks removed easily by contacting FB ebay support. 

I would still be curious to know exactly what you wrote, we cannot judge right now. I would easily guess if you complained about a late shipment but you received your shipment within estimated delivery, this is where you could been against rules. You said something in a grey zone against rules for sure. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply