PSA/DNA QuickOpinion coming to eBay.

For all those questioning the authenticity of autographs...

This service has been invaluable to me in authenticating autographs on eBay and many other auction sites for the purpose of resale.

Highly Recommended!  

You can now access the convenient PSA/DNA QuickOpinion™ service directly from eBay. Just click the link to receive an expert opinion on your potential autograph purchase. The best part? It's only $10. Get the peace of mind you need to make an informed purchase today.

Just look for the PSA/DNA logo on your screen when reviewing the item on eBay.

https://www.psacard.com/quickopinion/ebay/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=marketingemail&utm_campaign=e...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: PSA/DNA QuickOpinion coming to eBay.

I think this is a racket. In my opinion you cannot determine if an  autograph is a facsimile from a picture, you need to have the item in hand and sometimes under magnification.

About all they could determine is that the signature does look like that of the person concerned.  

There is the secondary problem that many sellers are incapable of taking very high quality pictures.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

PSA is considered  one of the most highly recognized organizations of autograph authentication with top auction houses around the world. 

in my opinion you cannot determine if an  autograph is a facsimile from a picture

This example would be so blatantly "not" original that it wouldn't even be considered and would be immediately rejected.

There is the secondary problem that many sellers are incapable of taking very high quality pictures.

Those images would be considered "inadequate" and would be rejected.

Forgeries are considered "drawn" and not actually signed. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Since most autographs are on flat objects like photos or cards, could I suggest scanning them rather than photographing them?

I use 600 dpi for stamps, with occasional 1200 dpi scans if something needs extra tight views.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

High resolution scans would be optimal. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

amcdc79
Community Member

Buyers are welcome to check my listings as I know the ones I have up are good to go. When sales pick up, I may have to raise the prices for others I have signed by the same players.

I also only scan them as it shows them off better than photos.

The charge to send the items to PSA and the rest is brutal, way overpriced. If they offer a cheaper rate for multiples, I may look into it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

What are the rates?

I only know stamps, where a $25 fee (or more) is usual and the owner also pays for tracked postage and returns.

Members of the American Philatelic Society get a few free expertisations annually, and some dealers will use those to expertise customers' stamps.

The big drawback with most expertizations is time. The volunteer committees don't meet often and the paid experts charge more (and are sometimes not given as much credit as they could be).

Message 7 of 8
latest reply