Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

Re: With GSP do we pay twice for shipping costs??

I ask GSP is just a money grab that over charges
Message 1421 of 3,104
latest reply

@chappy_keith wrote:
I ask GSP is just a money grab that over charges

Just to be clear , I always ask seller to ship USPS as GSP is a money grab

Message 1422 of 3,104
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually this seller thinks he could get away by asking for additional $$$!!  I told him that he cannot do that after the auctions end, etc.

He claimed that it costs more than expected which is untrue because I did checked the USPS website for the weight, dimension, etc.  No such thing only that he really expects that he can do that by asking for additional $$.   Boy, good luck to him one day when he gets some mad buyers and ding him with negative feedback and low DSRs for that.

Funny thing that what the shipping costs with GSP is much cheaper than what he quoted if from him directly without GSP!!  Of course I paid with GSP as I prefer not to pay extra $$ he was asking!!  It is the LAST time I will be buying from him at any time.

Message 1423 of 3,104
latest reply

Does the buyer understand that he is enrolled in the GSP and that he is only shipping to Kentucky?  Perhaps he thinks he is shipping directly to you.

Message 1424 of 3,104
latest reply

And of course you will leave appropriate calm and factual feedback. And appropriate Detailed Seller Ratings, particularly for Communication and for Shipping Charges.

Does his feedback indicate that he does this a lot? Many US sellers have so few foreign buyers that they panic.

Message 1425 of 3,104
latest reply

Fantastic option.  Presently as a Canadian buyer, I have 1.  NO buying from GSP users.  Currently I have been going to the UK site.

Message 1426 of 3,104
latest reply

It is an opt-out program.  I feel for many eBay US sellers that haven't noticed yet.  Lovely fine print.

Message 1427 of 3,104
latest reply

I ordered s few items off ebay the same day and have been monitoring the tracking they all arrived at gsp the same time. I received two itemes a few days ago they all left Erlanger on the 6th this one hasnt arrived or updated., this is not the first problem with them iether. its making me not wanting to use ebay anymore as I live in BC and the items take twice as long to arrive now.

Shipped from US Shipping Center to International Destination

Jul-06-14, 02:24 AM, Erlanger

Customs Documentation and Labeling

Jul-05-14, 12:33 PM, Erlanger

Processing at US Shipping Center

Jul-04-14, 02:39 AM, Erlanger

Arrived at US shipping Center

Jul-03-14, 14:50 PM, Erlanger, KY 41018

In Transit-Arrived at FedEx location

Jul-02-14, 19:42 PM, INDEPENDENCE, KY 41051

In Transit-Left FedEx origin facility

Jul-01-14, 06:04 AM, IRVING, TX 75062

In Transit-Arrived at FedEx location

Jun-30-14, 23:56 PM, IRVING, TX 75062

In Transit-Picked up

Jun-30-14, 00:00 AM, IRVING, TX 75062

Message 1428 of 3,104
latest reply

GSP tracking is very patchy, you might as well just wait for the item to arrive. If it does not turn up in a week or so, file a claim for INR with Paypal. The seller will not lose the money you paid them, the GSP is responsible for refunds and the more they shell out, the more likely it is that the whole scheme will be shelved.

Message 1429 of 3,104
latest reply

How can I list in the UK again for 50 cents extra? That option seems to be gone ...! 

Message 1430 of 3,104
latest reply

At the top of the second page on the sell your item form, click on the arrow next to "Make your items stand out" The UK option will come up.

Message 1431 of 3,104
latest reply

WOW...NOW that is a scam...is there no regulators out there in US LAW looking into this joke !...

Message 1432 of 3,104
latest reply

still a cash cow ....terrrrrible idea ...I have really bought a lot less due to this **bleep** !!

Message 1433 of 3,104
latest reply

ca_cunn
Community Member

have somehow not seen the information in two recent transactions and am suffering sticker shock when I found I was being charged +$8.00 import duties on a twenty dollar item. 

Message 1434 of 3,104
latest reply

You know by reading the listing,  not just looking at it quickly.

No additional import charges at delivery!
This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. Learn more

Shipping:
US $10.00 (approx. C $10.72) International Priority Shipping to Canada  
This amount includes seller specified US shipping charges as well as applicable international shipping, handling, and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program

Item location:
Dale, Texas, United States

Ships to:
United States and many other countries |
Import charges:

US $8.38 (estimated and based on current bid) To be provided at checkout  
This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. For additional information, see the Global Shipping ProgramThis amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions

This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions
Message 1435 of 3,104
latest reply

That information is displayed near the top of the listing.

2014-07-13_19-01-27.jpg

Message 1436 of 3,104
latest reply

Remember that at the moment $20 USD is about $22 CDN and any commercial shipper is required to assess and charge applicable Canadian duty and sales taxes on items valued over $20CDN. The shipper is allowed to charge for this service, which btw includes the cost of moving the item from the USA to Canada.

That $8 would be made up of around $3 sales tax (less in AB, more in NB) around $4-5 to Pitney Bowes to pay CanPar for delivery, and possibly duty if the item were not manufactured in a NAFTA country.

Message 1437 of 3,104
latest reply

The inport charge has nothing to do with the international shipping cost, and does not pay Canpar for delivery.

The shipping cost stated does that.

Message 1438 of 3,104
latest reply

I've only bought once with GSP and although the item was under $50, with everything totalled in the GSP rated item was cheaper than the other half dozen comparables.

Huh, I just noticed that the same item is now selling for over $100 . Guess I bought at the right time. <gloat>

Message 1439 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi Kalvin,

i have a question. I made 2 transactions with a ebayer. both were GSP. One item was 11 dollars, the 2nd 15 dollars USD.

At the checkout as the case i was charged 2 shipping charges for each auction. The grand total was 37.13 for one and 36.84 for the other. totaling $73.97 for 26 dollars worth or merchandise.  Anyway i paid it.

When the seller went to to ship the parcel to the U.S global shipping depot. It cost the 38.21 to ship. Ebay only passed on 16.49 of the 47.97 that i paid for the shipping during the auction.  Now the seller wanted an additional 21.72 to make up the difference, as they only received 4.28 for their 2 items when you subtract the shipping they paid to get it to the depot.. 

if i pay the extra 21.72. i will now have paid 95.69 in total.  that 26 dollars for the items and 70 for shipping.

What do you do in this case?

Morris

Message 1440 of 3,104
latest reply