Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

kritaz_0
Community Member

hello I just won a item on ebay.com i'm from Canada and the seller will only ship to the U S is there anyway I can use the global shipping to ship for me and use there postal code ?

Message 2861 of 3,104
latest reply

No. The GSP has to be activated by the seller before the item is purchased.

Message 2862 of 3,104
latest reply

How do I contact the global shipping program if I have a problem?

Message 2863 of 3,104
latest reply

Board members may be able to solve the problem or give you more specific directions for finding help.

Message 2864 of 3,104
latest reply

mms_q
Community Member

What's this **bleep** it costs twice as much as regular shipping before and it takes twice as long!!! My items sits at the Global Shipping Center, it has been two days now, not to mention that it's completely stupid to send the item to the other side of the continent to be now shipped back to the west.

One thing is sure, I won't buy anymore items that go through this **bleep** shipping system.

Message 2865 of 3,104
latest reply

How much time does it take aproximatively to ship from the global shipping program to Qc? I'm from Qc too

Message 2866 of 3,104
latest reply

It is taking from 3 to 4 months for items to arrive in Canada from China.

The 60 day period Ebay allows is inadequate !

Message 2867 of 3,104
latest reply

@pierrblange_0 wrote:

How much time does it take aproximatively to ship from the global shipping program to Qc? I'm from Qc too

Total shipping time will vary based on the seller's location, as the item has to be shipped to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky for processing before being shipped to Canada.

There should be a delivery time estimate on the listing page.  I'd add two or three days to it to be on the safe side.

Message 2868 of 3,104
latest reply

@frazzled_bob wrote:

It is taking from 3 to 4 months for items to arrive in Canada from China.

The 60 day period Ebay allows is inadequate !

The Global Shipping Program is a forwarding service some--if not many--US and UK sellers use (sometimes unknowingly) for getting their items out of the country without shipping them directly to the buyer.

Sellers in China are not eligible for the Global Shipping Program.  Your complaint is about the slow shipping and processing of items from China and there are several other threads about this.

PayPal allows buyers 180 days from payment to file disputes and claims for items not received.  If you wish to wait beyond the 30 days past the last estimated delivery date for an item from China without filing an eBay non-delivery claim, you can do so.  Or you can file with eBay, receive your refund, and then repay the seller if and when the item arrives.

Message 2869 of 3,104
latest reply

Why does the Global Shipping system prevent sellers from using 'combined shipping' when sending orders from the US to Canada. This system is preventing a savings in shipping for me, a buyer.

Message 2870 of 3,104
latest reply

Apparently you can combine shipping if you use the shopping cart.

I never have, so I am just repeating what I was told by a trusted source.

Message 2871 of 3,104
latest reply

Thanks for the quick answer but I knkw it depends from where the seller is but I know its at the shipping center how much time it usually takes from the shipping center to Quebec approximately?
Message 2872 of 3,104
latest reply

@pierrblange_0 wrote:

Thanks for the quick answer but I knkw it depends from where the seller is but I know its at the shipping center how much time it usually takes from the shipping center to Quebec approximately?

Sorry to misunderstand your question.  I think it would depend on what border entry point is used for your parcel.  I'm in BC and my limited experience with the GSP has been that my packages are processed in Mississauga, Ontario, before heading west.  I don't know if your parcel would also go through Mississauga or if it would go through, say, Saint-Laurent.

I'd probably allow two or three business days for your item to travel from Kentucky to Quebec.  If it's been longer than that for you and you're not getting further updates on the tracking of your item, check for your item here:

https://parceltracking.pb.com

Message 2873 of 3,104
latest reply

Ok thanks I ordered my smartphone from miami florida on sunday 26th, it arrived last friday to global shipping center, and today its going through customs documentation and labeling hope I will get it soon
Message 2874 of 3,104
latest reply

@pierrblange_0 wrote:

Ok thanks I ordered my smartphone from miami florida on sunday 26th, it arrived last friday to global shipping center, and today its going through customs documentation and labeling hope I will get it soon

The two GSP purchases I made were also smartphones and they arrived reasonably quickly.  The cases for the phones that I ordered from other sellers using supposedly direct shipping to me actually arrived after the phones, even though I purchased them the same day.

Message 2875 of 3,104
latest reply

The 4th day at Erlanger,ky still not sent:/ in one day my package went from orlando to ubercrest wich is a long run but now stucked at the shipping center..
Message 2876 of 3,104
latest reply

It ships right now
Message 2877 of 3,104
latest reply

When shipping smartphones from US did you pay something? (I arleady paid for import+shipping)
Message 2878 of 3,104
latest reply

@pierrblange_0 wrote:

When shipping smartphones from US did you pay something? (I arleady paid for import+shipping)

I didn't pay anything beyond what I paid at the time of purchase, if that's what you mean.

That's the main reason I chose sellers using the GSP for shipping the smartphones.  Most of the other sellers I found selling similar smartphones were using more expensive shipping methods and I had no idea if I would be also paying taxes and clearance fees when I received them.

Message 2879 of 3,104
latest reply

Can you explain how my purchased item supposedly on its way to PEI Canada, departs. New Haven, Connecticut, travels to Springfield, MA, then to Cinncinati, OH, and is now in Erlanger, Kentucky? 

Did it get sent on vacation?  This is how Global Shipping works?  Item was "supposed"" to arrive to me on April 3rd...yet it's hanging out in Kentucky!!!

**bleep** eBay??

Message 2880 of 3,104
latest reply