Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

"waiting for the answers to my questions on Nov. 19"

???

What was the question?

Message 61 of 3,104
latest reply

enay will not reply to your question or mine, our spending dollar is of no importance.

Message 62 of 3,104
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi. I am still waiting for the answers to my questions on Nov. 19. 

You've been waiting almost eleven months for an answer to some questions?  You're very patient.  🙂

Message 63 of 3,104
latest reply

Somethings in life are worth waiting for.

Message 64 of 3,104
latest reply

It's all well and good to have this thread posted by an eBay employee asking if there are any questions about GSP, but what is the point when it's all but ignored by said employees. There have been zero answers to questions asked.

Message 65 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi mstickle01, and the rest of the Community.

Kalvin and I do spend time on the Message Boards. If you scroll back up you will see a couple of our answers. 

Lots of times (I might even go so far as to say "most of the time") fellow Community members provide answers that are as good if not better than ones we might provide. Which is all well and good, as this is an open forum. 

Apologies if we have missed answering any lingering questions. Post back to this thread if there is anything specific you would like answered.

Thanks 

--Ben

Message 66 of 3,104
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean Oct 19.  My god, it doesn't pay to work when I am tired!  Sorry!

As for Pierre, what question check above that I posted on October 19.

Message 67 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi honeybed1950. 

I looked back at your question from 10/19, regarding eBay "sneaking" GSP onto listings. You don't have to look to hard to find Message Board threads asking variations on "how did I get signed up for the GSP?" 

Earlier this year language was added to the eBay User Agreement, stating that the GSP would be automatically added to some eligible listings. Again, this hasn't been the most popular decision in the world ....

The good news is opting out is easy. Feel free to share this info w/ the Seller in question -- 

*To opt in or out of the Global Shipping Program:

1. Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences. You may be asked to sign in.

2. Click the Show link to the right of the Shipping Preferences section on this page.

3. Click the Edit link to the right of Offer the Global Shipping Program.

4. Click on the Opt  IN or Out button depending on your view.

5. Review the information. Agree to the terms and complete.

Hope that helps.

--Ben

Message 68 of 3,104
latest reply

@bennett4612 wrote:

Hi honeybed1950. 

I looked back at your question from 10/19, regarding eBay "sneaking" GSP onto listings. You don't have to look to hard to find Message Board threads asking variations on "how did I get signed up for the GSP?" 

Earlier this year language was added to the eBay User Agreement, stating that the GSP would be automatically added to some eligible listings. Again, this hasn't been the most popular decision in the world ....

The good news is opting out is easy. Feel free to share this info w/ the Seller in question -- 

*To opt in or out of the Global Shipping Program:

1. Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences. You may be asked to sign in.

2. Click the Show link to the right of the Shipping Preferences section on this page.

3. Click the Edit link to the right of Offer the Global Shipping Program.

4. Click on the Opt  IN or Out button depending on your view.

5. Review the information. Agree to the terms and complete.

Hope that helps.

--Ben

Ben, what eBay thinks is easy often is a PITA in practice. Here are some questions on the scope of the above procedure:

1) Does it apply to all current active listings? Or just to future new listings?

2) Does it apply when the seller re-lists an UnSold or Sold listing? Does the seller have to manually turn off the GSP in each listing before relisting or sell similar?

3) Does Bulk Edit have an option to turn off the GSP? Assuming that a bulk edit feature is needed for 1) and 2) to fix Active listings and re-listed listings from Sold and UnSold.

4) If using Turbo Lister from an old listing in Inventory, do you have to remember to turn it off when re-listings?

5) What about auction listings with bids or GTC listings with sales? Can they be changed?

My experience with eBay tools is that once you have turned something on in a listing, it is a total PITA to eradicate it from all of your listings (Active, Sold, UnSold, Scheduled, Turbo Lister, etcetera) where it is turned on at some time.

Message 69 of 3,104
latest reply

No news from the seller yet if he got the invoice. (I'll ask again) I just went ahead and payed through the "pay now" button on the 20th. The seller was ok with that.
Message 70 of 3,104
latest reply

hi kevin i have got a question for you, how does global ship cancel a purchase after large fees were paid behind my back with no warning. i do not use global too expensive , but got item cheap thats the only reason i bid. seller never used global before was confused so global cancelled purchase. then after all this your ebay rep contacted seller asking to ship another way, seller refused., then seller  pushed button saying it was shipped thinking it would cancel out sale, which it did not .!!!PAYPAL HELD MY MONEY FOR 5 DAYS!, because of this and none of this was my fault, my question to you is why can global cancel transactions without my consent,sellers can now use this 3rd party company legally to stop sales if they do not get price they want,this is not fair to buyers, something needs to be done.  !!! GET RID OF THIS GLOBAL COMPANY OR FIX IT PLEASE!!!!!

Message 71 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi 2222cindyw.

Sorry to hear your transaction didn't go as planned. 

I'm a little confused on your actual question. Can you send me a Private Message with details on your transaction? (transaction #, etc.)

Thanks.

---Ben

Message 72 of 3,104
latest reply

Hello pocomocomputing.

Sorry it's taking me so long to respond. I need to check with some other eBay team members on one of your answers. Hoping to get that info today. 

Thanks.

---Ben

Message 73 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi Ben - How about post #31.  Any answer/comment?

Message 74 of 3,104
latest reply

Ok, see answers below. Preceded by >>>> And sorry again for the delay.

This is in regards to opting out of the GSP:

1)     Does it apply to all current active listings? Or just to future new listings?

>>>>It applies to both active and new listings with a couple exceptions --

For active auction listings, if a bid has been placed, it won’t apply.

For fixed price listings, if a best offer has been offered by buyer or committed for purchase, it won’t apply.

2)     Does it apply when the seller re-lists an UnSold or Sold listing? Does the seller have to manually turn off the GSP in each listing before relisting or sell similar?

>>>>Once opted out, it will no longer apply for relist / sell similar / new listings. Seller doesn’t have to manually do anything.

3)     Does Bulk Edit have an option to turn off the GSP? Assuming that a bulk edit feature is needed for 1) and 2) to fix Active listings and re-listed listings from Sold and UnSold.

>>>>Opt out is available via preferences if the goal is to remove GSP from all listings. However if the goal is to remove for a selected set of listings, Bulk Edit can be used to remove the Global Shipping Program option.

4)     If using Turbo Lister from an old listing in Inventory, do you have to remember to turn it off when re-listings?

>>>>If opted out through preferences, there is no need to remember to turn if off with re-listings.

5)     What about auction listings with bids or GTC listings with sales? Can they be changed?

They can’t be removed.

Hope this helps.

---Ben

Message 75 of 3,104
latest reply

OK Ben,

Here's one from one Ben to another Ben.

I'm sure you noticed the majority of Canadian buyers are staying away from sellers that use your GSP,  on your last post you are showing sellers how to op out or disable the GSP feature,

That program is being force onto buyers and they are speaking out.

Make buyers happy again.

Why not remove it all together?

Message 76 of 3,104
latest reply

tryed to get ahold of you wont let me threw.   i bought from seller. seller was confused he says???.. both seller and global cancelled on me without telling me.  after i paid . a rep from ebay wrote letter for me to this person explaining he could ship another way, but rep told me he did not have to since global cancelled. he the rep could not answer me when i asked how global could cancel without my knowledge. he told me because its a third party , and does not know how. anyways bottom line is my money was held for 5 days because of seller lieing saying he shipped it and did not. and this terrible shipping company, but now seller is stuborn and wont sell it  to me, and he also new my money was held and dont care, according to ebay he is free to sell it again and again as long as global keeps cancelling it. this is a joke. global can do what they want . i left him  bad feedback as he oviously deserves it. anyways i can not get ahold of you as you asked so if you would get hold of me . thanks.

Message 77 of 3,104
latest reply

The seller should be able to get that feedback removed. I see they are not now using the GSP.

Message 78 of 3,104
latest reply

@afantiques wrote:

The seller should be able to get that feedback removed. I see they are not now using the GSP.

They also don't appear to be shipping outside of the United States...  😕

Message 79 of 3,104
latest reply

seller should have done the right thing in first place he deserves this neg feedback as he refused to work with sale, lied and had money held up

Message 80 of 3,104
latest reply