Quick question about delivery dates and INR

Hi there! It's been a long time since I've had to open any kind of case with Ebay and I hope I won't have to, but just want to check timeframes on this.

I purchased an item 10 Feb (it's now 20 Mar). The shipping estimate is now saying it may arrive as late as April 6. If the item does not arrive by then, will I still have time to open an INR? I ask only because looking at the seller's feedback over the last month, a lot of people are saying they have not received their items or refunds. I asked the seller for an update two weeks ago but did not receive a reply.

Thanks much! It's not really a big deal, but I didn't want to miss any important deadlines, and it's better to find out over a low-cost item than a bigger purchase 😉

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The shipping estimate is now saying it may arrive as late as April 6.

EBay insists that the Dispute cannot be opened until the last estimated delivery date.

After that date (April 7) you have 30 days to open a Dispute and there is time allowed to settle the Dispute.

over the last month, a lot of people are saying they have not received their items or refunds

Uh-oh

I asked the seller for an update two weeks ago but did not receive a reply.

Very bad news, especially in combination with the spate of negatives.

Go to your Paypal account and copy the PP transaction number.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You have already tried to contact the seller so skip that suggestion.

Ask PP to escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

If the seller does not prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

You have 180 days from payment to open a PP dispute.

Or wait another three weeks and open the eBay dispute.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The shipping estimate is now saying it may arrive as late as April 6.

EBay insists that the Dispute cannot be opened until the last estimated delivery date.

After that date (April 7) you have 30 days to open a Dispute and there is time allowed to settle the Dispute.

over the last month, a lot of people are saying they have not received their items or refunds

Uh-oh

I asked the seller for an update two weeks ago but did not receive a reply.

Very bad news, especially in combination with the spate of negatives.

Go to your Paypal account and copy the PP transaction number.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You have already tried to contact the seller so skip that suggestion.

Ask PP to escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

If the seller does not prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

You have 180 days from payment to open a PP dispute.

Or wait another three weeks and open the eBay dispute.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much! For some reason I thought cases were x days from purchase date, which put more pressure on something like this with a longer estimated delivery (I swear it wasn't that long when I bought it!).

Yeah, it's probably an uh-oh situation, but not a big one -- thanks so much for your fast and excellent response! I'm a happy buyer and have opened maybe one case in the last dozen years, but I should keep more current on policies. I'm so glad folks like you are here to respond. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply