Recall message from ebay

Purchased sunglasses for the eclipse and i just received this message. Is this legit or just a bot action? Sunglasses looks like official sunglasses. But i'm not expert. This is strange and stressful. Seller already shipped. What i'm supposed to do 

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Recall message from ebay

@simplynightbird wrote:

Purchased sunglasses for the eclipse and i just received this message. Is this legit or just a bot action? Sunglasses looks like official sunglasses. But i'm not expert. This is strange and stressful. Seller already shipped. What i'm supposed to do 

Capture.PNG

@simplynightbird 

See attached. There was a recall. According to the story there may be pairs floating around that were not from the official manufacturer. You will have to judge on your own your satisfaction with the purchase. From your original sellers perspective they most likely not aware of the "issues".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/reneemorad/2017/08/21/solar-eclipse-glasses-recalled/?sh=33057bb22b22

https://healthcare.utah.edu/press-releases/2017/08/eclipse-glasses-recalled

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Recall message from ebay

You can contact the seller and tell them you got a message from eBay they had been recalled and ask for refund. It's risky to take a chance in my opinion. I know I looked into the eclipse glasses a little myself since my teen son is quite interested but it made me nervous to buy anywhere other than reputable manufacturers directly since everywhere says to "make sure they have the proper ISO # inside, but anyone could print that number inside since it's been so widely talked about. 

As lotz says you can wait and make the judgement call yourself when they arrive but do your research.

Sad to think anyone would risk people's site to make a buck but some would.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Recall message from ebay

I guess i will just request refund and throw them away. I won't risk my eyes. Listing is on the screenshot if anyone want to take a look. They just look like any others 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply