Refund

i paid with a visa debit card and was just wondering if anyone of u know when the refund is going to show up in my account. i'd like to know the earliest and longest time it can take. thank you!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Refund

If you paid through Paypal the refund will show up on your bank account, not in your PP account.

Did you buy as a "guest" using your debit card only? It is still processed by PP but may take a little longer since PP is not a bank.

A debit card is basically an "e-cheque" and takes almost as long to be credited to the seller as it will to be returned to you.

This could be three or four days in each direction.

Why are you getting a refund?
Did you ask the seller to cancel a purchase? Does the cancelled purchase show on your My eBay page?

Did you win a Dispute? Was this a formal dispute opened in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page? What is the status of that dispute?

Did you send the seller a request for the refund, without any formal contact through eBay?

A sketchy seller might agree to the request and then do nothing.

When was the purchase?

When was the cancellation?

When was the refund promised?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Refund

If you paid through Paypal the refund will show up on your bank account, not in your PP account.

Did you buy as a "guest" using your debit card only? It is still processed by PP but may take a little longer since PP is not a bank.

A debit card is basically an "e-cheque" and takes almost as long to be credited to the seller as it will to be returned to you.

This could be three or four days in each direction.

Why are you getting a refund?
Did you ask the seller to cancel a purchase? Does the cancelled purchase show on your My eBay page?

Did you win a Dispute? Was this a formal dispute opened in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page? What is the status of that dispute?

Did you send the seller a request for the refund, without any formal contact through eBay?

A sketchy seller might agree to the request and then do nothing.

When was the purchase?

When was the cancellation?

When was the refund promised?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Refund

i won a dispute today through the resolution centre. i didnt even have to escalate it. ebay was immediately in my favor and refunded me since seller couldnt provide tracking. case was also closed by costumer service. (email also says allow 48 hours for the refund to process)
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Refund

the refund showed up overnight. it was processed in my bank account so quick.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply