Seller scammed me?

Hello,

I bought a Item for $100+ and I have yet to receive it, the item is supposed to arrive at the latest by July 25th which is a month from me buying the item. I checked a package tracking website and it shows that the item was delivered on July 19, but on ebay I have no tracking available.

The seller messaged me that he will ship it to me without tracking and that I will receive it within a month, I said I have no problem with that as long as it arrives in one month.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller scammed me?

Okay -- try Paypal if you used it.

The Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Activity.

If you didn't use PP, go to the credit card you used, phone the 1-800 number and enquire about a chargeback.

If you used a debit card or pre-paid credit card, you probably lost your money.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Seller scammed me?

Never accept an offer of a replacement.

It is no more likely to arrive than the original, and pushes the  Dispute past the deadline.

Did the seller put that tracking number on the transaction or did he give it to you later?

What was the carrier?

What address what the delivery made to?

You have only 30 days from delivery (or the last estimated date for delivery) to open a Dispute on eBay.

Which means you cannot open a Dispute until July 26th (Monday).

If the seller can prove delivery, you will lose that Dispute.

But the delivery does have to be to your address as you have it on eBay.

You are also covered by Paypal for 180 days from payment and by the credit card you use to back** your PP account  or used directly, but card policies differ.

Start with the Resolution Centre. If you are still having problems come back to this thread.

Do NOT phone Customer Service. There are better ways that actually are useful.

**If you back your PP with a PP balance or with your bank account, do add a credit card to give you a third level of Buyer Protection.  PP is very good about anonymizing any financial information you give them.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

Did the seller put that tracking number on the transaction or did he give it to you later?
Gave it on the transaction.

What was the carrier?
HJYT

What address what the delivery made to?
Tracking number doesn't clarify where it was delivered.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

https://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/hjyt

HJYT seems to be a Chinese shipper which works with Alibaba among others according to our friend Mr. Google.

Does the tracking bar work?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

Parcelapp is one of the websites I was checking tracking with, yes it does work.
Here's the tracking:
https://i.imgur.com/5E1fvwC_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

That's a long and repetitive list.

Here's a precis.

June 25 - warehouse
july 12 shipped to PostNL (Netherlands?)
July16 shipped to Canada- arrived
July 19 delivered.

The Delivered part would be my worry.

Does the tracking number work here?

https://www.internationalparceltracking.com/#/search

Does the tracking number work with Canada Post?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

marnotom!
Community Member
Long and repetitive and incredibly vague. Most tracking systems worth their salt provide information on where the scans took place.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

Not from ebay, I purchased something off facebook, and it was coming from China, What I ordered was a photo scanner and what I got was 25 cent stick on a rubber window vase, it came with tracking. They said that the item was delivered, told me to look at the tracking.   It is not what I ordered. 

I went through my credit card to get my money back.  Since then I have stayed away from ordering anything that comes from China.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

Yes it is important to remember that if we buy through Paypal and back PP with a credit card we have at least 180 days from payment for Buyer Protection from PP and varied coverage for chargebacks with the card.

But because all these are wary of double claims, we must go : eBay-> Paypal-> credit card, because eBay will not allow an appeal from either of the others and PP will not allow an appeal from a credit card chargeback.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

the link (and canada post) you gave don't give me tracking with my tracking number.

My postal office Canada post usually delivers all of its package to the exact address, instead of us going to them to pick it up.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

Okay -- try Paypal if you used it.

The Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Activity.

If you didn't use PP, go to the credit card you used, phone the 1-800 number and enquire about a chargeback.

If you used a debit card or pre-paid credit card, you probably lost your money.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Seller scammed me?

Well,

I guess this is my last resort, the seller seemed to be legit in someway. Tracking never showed where or what province/state it was last delivered.

Your help has been great, thanks!
Message 12 of 12
latest reply