Sellers Slow @ Shipping .

b5c5
Community Member

I find that some sellers not all most are pretty good take thier sweet time @ shipping the product that you've purchased especially when you've made a quick & prompt payment , I think when 3 or 4 days go's by & sending many e-mails to that seller & no response . But then again this is e-bay & it doesn't surprise me your going to get burned sooner or later @ least once or twice .

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I find that most sellers ship within the stated time.  Do you check the listing description to see what the sellers state as shipping time?  If they state 5 days then that should be no problem as long as they ship within that time period.  If you want it sooner, then find a seller whose stated shipping time is less.

If you read listing descriptions & terms carefully and check the sellers' feedback before making a purchase there is much less chance that you will have a bad experience on eBay. 

Make sure you give the sellers time to reply (24 to 48 hours not including weekends).  Remember that many sellers have full time jobs as well.

Good luck and I wish you many positive eBay experiences! 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If you are unhappy with the service then leave the appropriate feedback.

So far all your feedback has been Great Seller ,

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

While sellers have up to seven days to ship after cleared payment, most will ship sooner, if only to make room in the post bag for the next day's shipments.

Two notes:

As pierre says, not all sellers note that shipping has occurred, and this is only automatic if the seller is using Paypal labels. There can also be a delay between PP and eBay.

You may have paid, but your payment may not have cleared the Canadian and US banking systems. If you are using PP to process a payment from your bank account, this process may take upwards of ten days. Only then will PP credit the seller and allow her to print a shipping label. If you are using PP to process a credit card payment, this is not a problem. Credit Card purchases are basically instant, and more secure than bank or PP balance payments.

A polite note asking for the date of shipment and the service used after four business days have passed may be helpful in reminding the seller that her customers are concerned. Of course, it is not unusual to have received a parcel within four business days.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

(Added later as an edit).

Please note:  This is not in response to Pierre L.   I was simply adding to the last post in the thread at the time.  It crossed paths with femme"s post and so please do not take it as referring to or responding Pierre in any way whatsoever....... :).

I'm unable to change that now.

There are a lot of reasons to be upset with eBay sellers, but being slow to ship is uncommon.

For all you know the seller shipped within hours of receiving payment.

The OP stated that several messages were sent to the seller with no response.

IMO that's the bigger sin and almost always without justification.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

This really is in reply to your post 🙂

I've read many posts about buyers feeling sellers were slow to ship. Perhaps in some of those cases the seller shipped and didn't mark it, perhaps the seller was being slow or perhaps the buyer was being impatient. Since we only hear one side of the story it's often impossible to know the whole story. In some cases the buyer doesn't even know the whole story.

For example, on Dec 3 I purchased an item from a UK seller. I noticed a week later that it wasn't marked as shipped so I wrote a polite note asking if it was shipped but just hadn't been marked as being shipped. Basically I wanted to remind them to ship it if they hadn't done so yet. The seller didn't reply but the next day they did mark the item as shipped. So was the item shipped that day or had it been shipped in 2 business days as their listing suggested.....I have no idea. But it is annoying if they waited a week to ship and didn't bother to apologize and it's annoying that if it was already shipped, they didn't reply with a quick note to let me know when it was shipped. 

Imo, many problems with buyers are caused because the seller didn't bother to reply to a question. Sure..the question may be premature but why not answer it anyway..it just takes a second or two.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

pj, had you not said that you were replying to my post I wouldn't be replying to your post now and this post really is in reply to your post above as well  :).

I have no idea what you're reply means if it is in fact a reply to my post.

I suggested that the seller's non-response to emails is very poor eBay etiquette.

I also suggested that there is no way of knowing if the seller shipped or not, thus implying (in my opinion) that the item may already have been shipped.

What were replying to (by implication correcting), if you were in fact really replying to my post?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'm still trying to figure out how something was not a response to pierrelebel or myself when neither of us had posted. (Well, I had but not as femmefan1946)

I either need more pinot grigio or my bed.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I can tell you November and December for me had some of the worse shipping times I have ever put up to buyers and here are some of the reasons..

Unexpected appointments leaving me with 2 kids and no time .

Depo left a bin of about 300 parcels in the back for about 5 days

Got in a Car accident broken collar bone and everything else very sore so  I worked slowly as I still had to work my normal job..

Paypal/ebay Double dipped on my montly fees leaving my bank with $0 for shipping took 2 days to get that straighten out..

For me delays come because I am a 1 man band and things happen I can not control and when I am behind finding time to write a couple hundred people to notify them of delays is very hard to come by ..

Not excuses just reasons and when I have 1 bump in the road it can sometimes mean 48hrs no sleep just to catch up which I did in november and trust me when I say 48 hrs no sleep on pain meds does not equal success but I made it through and caught up and many down to earth buyers were just fine with the delays and understood ...

I have been riddled with bad luck in the last 2 months and I keep going because my business has a 20k minimum per month or stock stops coming in so if your wondering why not just go on vacation .. I can't I run my business 20k  behind on a montly basis  .. Skids come in the beginning of every month and I pay them off at the end of every month ...

9 months of the year my shipping was on the ball same day or 1-2 the last 3 months of the year MOSTLY just 2 months but ya were horrible and it hurts but no rest for the wicked...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Got in a Car accident broken collar bone and everything else very sore so  I worked slowly as I still had to work my normal job..

Ouch! I bet that hurt a lot. I'm surprised that you could work at all.

You have had some lousy luck lately...I bet that 2014 will be better!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes, here's to a big bounce back in 2014 for you, B.E!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply