Shipping and Handling

I just purchased a women’s blouse from the states. It was through the Global Shipping Program. ( I know, I know how horrible and unpredictable it is, but this was an irresistible blouse) As expected, there were 2 separate transactions on my PayPal account, one from the seller and one from PB. Upon closer inspection, I noticed an itemized item under the seller for $3.00 shipping and handling charge. No where under the original listing did I see this. I’m a seller too and I’ve never seen an option to charge this and if I did I would expect it to show up in the shipping details in the original listing. I know S&H can cost $$ but personally I’ve always factored it into the selling price.

incidentally, this was an OBOpurchase.

can anyone enlighten me on how this happened? TIA!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Shipping and Handling

Was your Best Offer price the price you paid on checkout?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping is never part of the Best Offer process.

Free Shipping usually only applies to domestic shipping.

Since your seller was in the USA, she may have had Free Shipping for the USA and $3.00 for international sales.

Or the$3.00 may have been handling (packaging /insurance/gas money) fees, which are allowed but are normally masked as part of the shipping fee.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If I understand what you are asking this has nothing to do with being a best offer sale.

The shipping price that you saw on the listing was made up of 2 things — the cost charged by the seller for the domestic part of the shipping AND the international portion charged by PB.  You don’t see the domestic portion separately as it is already included in the shipping chargesthat you do see.

When you made the payment PB received the import charges and the shipping charges less the $3 the seller charged for shipping to the gsp center.    The seller received the amount paid for the item plus the $3.   If you add up what you paid to both the seller and PB it should add up to the total on the listing for:

item cost + shipping cost + import fees

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply