Shipping charges calculated seem excessive

I am trying  to resolve an issue with shipping charges on a purchase.It seems that for multiple items from one vendor a charge for shipping of $25.00 USD was charged for each item.This calculated on the PayPal invoice of $225.00 USD shipping  for 9 items totaling $23.48 USD for a total of $248.82 USD.These are very small items and no way in the world should cost $225.00 to ship EMS ( Express Mail Service ) even from China.

It stated on the vendors page that for the first item is $25.00 shipping EMS and for each additional item its Free.

The shipping has calculated correctly before now I'm in a mess because the issue is getting lost in translation.

How can I resolve this problem because it doesn't seem to be  the sellers fault , it seems that the shipping calculator is broken.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The  shipping calculator generally works if the seller sets it up properly. It sounds like the seller didn't tell the calculator to only charge the first shipping charge.  Have you tried just requesting a new invoice?   The seller should be able to change the total manually.

edit...You mentioned the PP invoice. Were you billed directly through PP or was the transaction through eBay?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

All my Ebay purchases are paid with PayPal .The Ebay transaction shows the same as the PayPal transaction.Normally it's automatically calculated right .but this time its a mess.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You might want to ask for a cancellation if the postage calculation problem cannot be fixed. This will generally impress upon the seller to try a little harder. Assuming they want your business and aren't trying to discourage shipping to Canada for whatever reasons.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If the seller refuses to correct it, you can ask to have the transactions cancelled.

If he refuses to cancel, he can open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

If you do not pay then, you get an UID Strike,.

Which usually is a Bad Thing.

However, if this is your first Strike ever, you can ask eBay to remove it. This is a one time thing.

If you get one Strike, it will roll off after 12 months.

If you get another Strike during that 12 months you will find yourself unable to bid with thousands of sellers who have automatic Blocks against bidders who have Strikes.

I am not sure how many Strikes you get when you have five UIDs from one vendor within a few days of each other.

But start with communication.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply