Speedpak to Canada

saintv1
Community Member
An item I bought was shipped from China via Speedpak. It's now been sitting in a distribution center in China for two weeks. Is this typical of Speedpak? My concern is that if the package is already in Canada, and Speedpak ceases it's tracking when it leaves China, I will have no way to know. Alternatively, if it truly is just sitting in China for weeks, that is also concerning.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Speedpak to Canada

Tracking is a Seller Protection against unwarranted claims of non-delivery.

The important thing for the Buyer (you) is the date for delivery that eBay gave you.

If the purchase has not arrived by that date, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Has that date passed? You have 30 days to open the Dispute.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement. It will not arrive either. Cash only.

You are also protected by Paypal's Buyer Protection program and if you back your account with one, the chargeback policy of your credit card.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

From my experience with SpeedPak, (Living in NB) if i buy it on, say the first of the month, I get the item within 10-14 days INCLUDING weekends. The tracking I do is through OrangeConnex.com

I refuse to buy from China unless it's sent by SpeedPak. Aside from being untrackable or spotty at best in Canada, I love the rate of speed I get items now. Basically assume 10-14 days delivery time once it says "Package received" on OrangeConnex.com        

"Flight departed from origin country" to "Flight landed in destination country" is about a day or two plus 2 days clearing customs.From there, it's no more than a few days to your doorstep unless you live in a remote area.

The tracking from them is as I said, spotty at best once it hits Canadian soil, but the trade off of not waiting 3 plus months for an item is well well worth it. I am also sure the merchants in Asia/China are grateful as well for not having to refund so many items because they didn't arrive on time or at all.

SpeedPak is AWESOME (Otherwise) lol

I'm now a happy buyer!

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

@howiebird64 

This is good news.

Do your Chinese sellers offer Speedpak as an option or is it their standard?

How does it affect your costs?

In my opinion, most of the problems Canadian buyers have with Chinese sellers would disappear if we were willing to pay a reasonable price for fast shipping, trackable or not.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

Some sellers offer it as a standard, others have it listed in the shipping tab and give you the option on checkout.

My recommendation is to always inspect the shipping tab for options.

There are still many sellers in China who do not offer it and the only option shy of spending $50 for shipping is to wait 48+ days for it to arrive.

They are the sellers I do not deal with.  There is however the option for "Standard" shipping and  NOT economy which seems to deliver almost as fast as SpeedPak.

I'd be curious to see if only selected sellers can hop onto the SpeedPak bandwagon and those who are not allowed either may not be reputable or too small an operation to join.

I ordered TV backlighting on April 30th, it arrived in Canada on the 7th of May. I will have it in my hands by Monday, latest Tuesday.

A whole bunch better than my experiences in the last few years.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

The new speedpak shipping is great, I have recently recieved items from China in not much more than one week.

Saying you won't order unless it's speedpak is a little harsh however. I buy from China all the time, and it's never 48 days unless its something that has a very low value and free shipping. If you are paying next to nothing, then yeah you get snail mail. If a seller is making next to nothing, don't expect them to get you free premium shipping. It's just common sense.
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

I ordered from China an item valued @ $300 ...it sat in Richmond BC for almost 2 months! When I finally received the item the Styrofoam packing was broken into little pieces and the item was stomped on (yes with boot prints ). As the buyer you have no rights to complain...its up to the seller. I have a string of 4 letter expletives to describe the CBSA and or Canada Post!

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

@web-wraith 

As the buyer you have no rights to complain.

You certainly do have a right to complain-- and to be refunded.

The seller is responsible for choosing a service that will deliver the purchase promptly and securely.

The seller failed.

You have 30 days from DELIVERY to open a Not As Described dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

You may haves to go to Paypal to get the transaction number, because eBay tends to disappear completed listings after a couple of months.

If more than 30 days have passed since delivery, eBay won't allow a dispute. B

BUT

You can go to Paypal which allows Disputes for 180 days (six months) from PAYMENT.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The problem is Not As Described.

EBay will tell your seller to send you return tracked shipping.

If he doesn't, you will be refunded.

If he does, when the tracking shows he has it back, you will be refunded.

Paypal demands that the buyer pay for tracked return shipping.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Bummer.

When the tracking shows he has it back, you will be refunded. 

The seller can, as you know, claim on his insurance, but the buyer is not covered by that. He paid for insurance. He is covered by that insurance.

The buyer's insurance is the Money Back Guarantee from eBay and the Paypal Buyer Protection Policy.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, you can also phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask about a chargeback. Card policies vary, but most allow a six month claim period from payment.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

Hi and thanks for the reply.

The item (damaged) still works as intended and the seller was more than stellar when it came to solving the issues. Together we worked  on a mutual  agreeable outcome. The right to complain statement was directed at CBSA and CPS... in my eyes one of them is truly to blame I just don't know which one so I hold them both in contempt.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

You can use the Parcels app to track packages shipped through Orange Connex.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

I had a very good experience with Speedpak.  I ordered bike parts worth $300 from a seller in China with free shipping using Speedpak. I ordered them on 18 June. The items were dispatched on 20 June and shipped out on the 21s of June. By 28 June, the package was delivered.

I tracked it through Orange Connex and it took only 7 days from the day it was shipped to delivery date. Not too bad at all! Canada Post delivered the package in Vancouver. 

I don't know. Maybe I am lucky or ebay finally figured out the kinks with Speedpak but so far the shipment was quick and tracking the package was easy.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

just a quick question on this i have something arriving through Orangeconnex as well. Does it come through Purolator or Canada Post? ALso i live in winnipeg soo hopefully i get in in a few more days

thanks
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

Speedpak to Canada

ebay finally figured out the kinks with Speedpak

EBay would have nothing to do with the shipping method.

EBay is an advertising venue for sellers. Our shipping choices are up to us, as sellers.

There may have been some kinks between SpeedPak at the Canadian end. Were the shipments delivered by Canada Post? By a courier like UPS or CanPar?

EBay's only connection with shipping would be that if the buyer complains they have not received their purchase, and the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery), eBay will force the seller to refund the buyer in full.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

I have just tried speedpak for the first time and I'm waiting for my items,I  can see that the flight landed in Canada and that's it.

howiebird64 if you have never tried epacket it is a very good service that is trackable threw 17track and you can track it threw Canada Post right to your door I have used it many many times and I get the same delivery times you are talking about with speedpak.

epacket is by the same company that does EMS shipping witch stands for Express Mail Service and it's very fast and cheap,I got special diamond sharpening stones that were made in the Ukraine that are sold in Russia and they came very fast.

A lot of sellers on Aliexpress offer epacket and that's where I got wise to it and if you ask on ebay a lot of sellers for a few extra bucks will your item's epacket,it cost's about 3.25 to 4 bucks for most items shipped by epacket.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

@wadenorton wrote:

... epacket is by the same company that does EMS shipping ...

epacket is not a company -- it's a mail service between China Post and 40 or so post office systems around the globe.  Equivalent service from Canada Post is called Tracked Packet.

EMS is an international postal Express Mail Service, for documents and merchandise, offered by postal operators around the world, the service is called different names around the world.

-..-

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

@wadenorton

The buyer can only choose between sellers who do or do not offer given shipping services.

The seller determines what services she will offer and how much she will charge for it.

The buyer has not right to complain as long as the shipment arrives while the delivery window is open. 

The Dispute if it doesn't arrive is Not Received.

Best Practice?

Write the last estimated delivery date on your calendar and then don't think about it until that date arrives.

Your ulcer will thank you.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to dealing with CBSA they have so much power it's like dealing with a Nazi it's not going to do any good to complain even if you do.

Look at what they did with knifes,there was instructions given to them from any part in the Government to start taking peoples knife that were coming into Canada.

They were taking every one handed opening knife that can be flipped open with a flipper tab or a thumb stud and even though they are still legal to own in Canada and they had been letting them threw for years and the same models of knife by Benchmade and Spyderco just to name 2 company's.

Here's my big problem like the fact or not people can have a one handed opening knife or not in Canada who are they to act like a law maker they don't the laws they enforce them.

I know a lot of Cop's and are also friends of mine and they think people that worry about a guy that's carrying a knife is not the problem if he is a lawful person,the problem take all knifes away including butter knifes and it's like the Cop said in New York if you are a gang member and get caught doing a crime with a knife even if it's a petty one the charge's go way up to prove a point,so then they just carry a 6 to 8 inch or longer flat blade screw driver that's going to puncture more organs and you are more likely to die.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

@femmefan1946 

I have a lot of stuff shipped from China as far as stuff like special screw driver bit's that cost 20 bucks for one in the store and I can get the same for 1.50 out of China and stuff like that.

I have a shipment with epacket that never scanned at all as far as ever being dropped off at the Post Office the tracking number is valid and it was just never scanned I think but who knows what has happened.

I have purchased from the seller on ebay before that I'm having the problem with epacket shipment not tracking no problems with the seller at all as the last 7 times they treated me right so why screw over a returning customer.

They told me if I say it hasn't arrived in 30 days they will refund me and I said I would give it 60 days to arrive to be fair,I understand it can just be a problem with the Post Office never scanning it in China and that's it.

I know a lot of people would never use a service like epacket again after having this happen but I'm fine with it because I have had at least 800 to 1000 thing's shipped to me from China the USA and within Canada and stuff like this happens and it's a fact of life.

epacket has the same shipping time as speedpak to Canada and I like epacket better because I can track it to my door and with speedpak as I'm finding out I can't but that does not mean I think it's horrible either.

I reordered the items threw another seller for the same money or a bit less and my items were sent out speedpak this time,I need some special threaded insert's and I can not wait 2 months plus only to find out they may never show up and they were only 10 bucks and I can not buy them in Canada and if you could like you used to be able to they would 30 to 40 bucks for 10 not 10 bucks for 10 and that's with shipping in plus I have more choice's in size as well.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Speedpak to Canada

@femmefan1946 

Can you tell me is speedpak in Canada delivered by mail,I hope my package didn't come in threw the BC port of entry because that's another 7 days to get to Ontario if it did.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply