The scam Global Shipping

I bought item to Michighan the United States October 20, 2016 and the seller to ship the package until the October 24 all is well. After I have the following tracking:

Thursday, Oct 27, 2016 7:28 AMERLANGER , KYArrived at Global Shipping Center
Wednesday, Oct 26, 2016 6:01 PMCINCINNATI , OHIn Transit-Departed USPS Facility
Wednesday, Oct 26, 2016 6:01 PMCINCINNATI , OHDEPART USPS FACILITY
Wednesday, Oct 26, 2016 3:07 PMCINCINNATI , OHIn Transit-Departed USPS Destination Facility
Wednesday, Oct 26, 2016 3:07 PMCINCINNATI , OHPROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
Wednesday, Oct 26, 2016 2:07 PMCINCINNATI , OHIn Transit-Arrived at Post Office
Wednesday, Oct 26, 2016 2:07 PMCINCINNATI , OHARRIVAL AT UNIT
Tuesday, Oct 25, 2016 3:21 PMCINCINNATI , OHIn Transit-Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
Tuesday, Oct 25, 2016 3:21 PMCINCINNATI , OHArrived at USPS Destination Facility
Tuesday, Oct 25, 2016 5:45 AMALLEN PARK , MIIn Transit-Departed USPS Facility
Tuesday, Oct 25, 2016 5:45 AMALLEN PARK , MIDeparted USPS Facility
Monday, Oct 24, 2016 11:24 PMALLEN PARK , MIIn Transit-Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
Monday, Oct 24, 2016 11:24 PMALLEN PARK , MIArrived at USPS Origin Facility
Monday, Oct 24, 2016 4:02 PMJACKSON , MIIn Transit-Departed Post Office
Monday, Oct 24, 2016 4:02 PMJACKSON , MIDeparted Post Office
Monday, Oct 24, 2016 4:02 PMJACKSON , MIAcceptance

What a waste of time from michigan to go down in Ohio and finally to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky or it remained the doing nothing for 6 days.

Then crossed here in Canada tracking

Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 10:54 AMWINNIPEG , MBIn Transit with Destination Carrier
Monday, Nov 7, 2016 11:56 AMWINNIPEG , MBIn Transit with Destination Carrier
Monday, Nov 7, 2016 9:27 AMWINNIPEG , MBIn Transit with Destination Carrier
Wednesday, Nov 2, 2016 7:43 PMMISSISSAUGA ,ONIn Transit with Destination Carrier
Wednesday, Nov 2, 2016 6:26 PMMISSISSAUGA ,ONCustoms Cleared
Wednesday, Nov 2, 2016 6:08 PMMISSISSAUGA ,ONIn Transit with Destination Carrier
Tuesday, Nov 1, 2016 11:58 AMErlanger ,KentuckyShipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination
Monday, Oct 31, 2016 2:17 PMErlanger ,KentuckyCustoms Documentation and Labeling
Monday, Oct 31, 2016 2:06 PMErlanger ,KentuckyProcessing at Global Shipping Center

He arrived in Ontario and it must be delivered at home in QUEBEC and visited MANITOBA !!!!!!

Yesterday I lost patience and I will contact the customer service of eBay, or I explained the situation and told him of tracking, they send me beautiful automated messages to show me or go to track his package! HELLO???? I am sending you the tracking I know it is or my package !!! I references a message asking to speak to a real person and I get an answer (even automatic) to open a dispute with the seller !!!!!! Why the seller? the seller did his job and he shipped the parcel in time !!! This eBay tecnique to push the blame on my seller appalled !!! Also I asked to have my tracking number for Canada Post to contact Canada Post and he does not want only the global shipping number is diponible (who etet changed 4 times along the way). To cover their tracks ???? Ebay does seem neplus be responsible for packages coming out of Global Shipping Center, but the seller has more power because after the USPS tracking number dépard is no longer valid. Whose turn? It really is a practice of disrespect and an unfair practice for consumers, who wrote on his wholesale PayPal as our purchase

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

The scam Global Shipping

marnotom!
Community Member

If you go to the end of the "Questions about the Global Shipping Program" thread and scroll up a bit, you'll find a couple of toll-free numbers that Canadian eBay buyers have used to contact Pitney Bowes, the administrators of the Global Shipping Program, about the whereabouts of their items.  Try contacting Pitney Bowes.  eBay won't be of much help to you, as you've found.

Let us know on this thread what you learn from the customer service rep, if anything.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

You bought (and paid?) on Oct. 20.

Your purchase was shipped on October 24 by USPS

It was delivered to the GSP plant on Oct. 27.

It left the plant on Nov. 1

Got to Canada on Nov 2

To Winnipeg on Nov 7

And is now Nov 8 very likely in transit to your doorstep.

So far 12 business days, and 4 weekend days in transit. Plus the four days your seller took to get it into the mail.

Not particularly speedy, but unless you paid for overnight delivery, about normal.

(Compare what you paid* on this chart. https://ircalc.usps.com/)

What is the last estimated date of delivery that you were given by eBay?

You have 30 days after that date for Disputes, including non-delivery disputes.

*Your GSP payment includes charges for Canadian duty and Canadian sales taxes on any import over $20CDN (~$16USD) as well as a $5USD service charge.

If your seller had used USPS directly, these charges would be collected on your doorstep before the parcel was handed over.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

Bonjour femmefan!

Oui mon article a été payé le 20 octobre, le vendeur avait inscrit qu’il l, envoyait après 2 jours ouvrables, mais il y avait 2 jours de week end.
Et non mon colis ne sen vient pas mais il s’éloigne, il était en Ontario et il est rendu plus loin au Manitoba, moi je suis au Québec. La date de livraison maximale estimée était le 3 novembre.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

Femmefan Hello!

Yes my article was paid on 20 October, the seller had registered that the, sent after 2 business days, but there were 2 days weekend.
And not my package does not come sen but he walks away, he was in Ontario and traveled further in Manitoba, I'm in Quebec. The maximum estimated delivery date was November 3.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

Thank you very much I'll check it !! This is very frustrating to be left to ourselves and to see that the resources do not exist in case of problems. Ebay only reject the sins of everyone, the Pitney Bowes, sellers and the postal service. Most often this is the postal service that is charged by eBay, but it prevents us from communicating with this one then he refuses to give Canada Post with tracking. After leaving the Center on Global Shipping is destitute and eBay knows.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

A couple of months ago I bought something that was sent through the gsp.  I can't see the informstion now but I know that I found the Canada Post tracking number in my purchase hustory.  I can't remember exactly how or where I found it but it was there.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

I keep posting this but I am embarrassed that I cannot credit the member who did the actual work. If anyone would like to claim credit I would be very happy.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I keep posting this but I am embarrassed that I cannot credit the member who did the actual work. If anyone would like to claim credit I would be very happy.

That post seems to be the only post that @fkozera has made to these discussion boards.

It's from post 37 on this thread:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Can-t-really-track-global-shipping-program-Frustrated/td-...

Fkozera, we salute you!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

That sounds right!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

But where do I go to pick it up if I don't have a slip??? So frustrated?
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2016.

The problem with Zombie Threads is that the information may be out of date or incorrect.

If you have not received either your purchase or a Notice from the carrier (usually Canada Post**), then it is still on its way to you.

Is it past the last estimated date for arrival that eBay gave you?

If not, be patient.

The GSP (spit spit spit) is annoying, but is actually pretty good at delivering.

If it is, go to the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received in the Resolution Centre.

You don't have to Contact the Seller, although it is polite to let her know what's happening.

State in the Dispute that the shipping was handled by the GSP.

Generally, the GSP just pays these claims fairly promptly and if the purchase arrives later, neither they nor the seller want it back.

** Go to your local PO and ask at the counter. They may have the package even if the Notice was lost. Bring ID with picture and address.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The scam Global Shipping

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 13
latest reply