Tracking

rodm1975
Community Member

So was told the order was shipped and Canada Post said this wont be traced by them I tried to explain to reps on phone to ebay I wanted part of the $ back cause of it not been trackable once in Canada and customs and rep said due to been on the Global Shipping it has to be. Anyhow Hope to get soon if longer then expected I need to file a claim they said by phone. What is the difference on Global Shipping and reg Shipping thanks? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Tracking

You bought an item.

From a US? seller who uses the Global Shipping Program?

The seller will ship it to the GSP plant in Erlanger KY.

Once the parcel shows delivered to the GSP, the seller is no longer responsible for delivery and the tracking number she used to get it to Erlanger is not longer useable.

DON'T PANIC!

It will now be assessed for Canadian duty and sales taxes, and those import fees will be taken from your payment. (You will see this on your Paypal account as being paid to Pitney Bowes who run the GSP).

The GSP will readdress your purchase and put it on a truck with thousands of others going to Canada.

Because it has already cleared customs, this part of the trip is fairly fast.

Usually GSP parcels are delivered by Canada Post.

You can find the tracking information at http://tracking.ecommerce.pb.com/track

The tracking number starts with UPAxxxxxxx

If you are not home when it is delivered, the carrier will leave a Notice telling you where and when it can be picked up.
Usually that is 24 hours later at you local postal outlet.

Bring photo ID. The PO won't give your parcel to just anyone.

What is the difference on Global Shipping and reg Shipping thanks? 

All imports into Canada valued over $20Cdn (~$15USD) may be assessed for duty and sales taxes.

The shipper who wrangles the import across the border is allowed to charge a service fee (it may be called something else , like brokerage fees).

The Canada Post service fee is $9.95.

The GSP/Pitney Bowes service fee is ~$5USD.

With the GSP you pay import fees to cover duty, Sales Taxes, and the service fee before the seller even starts shipping.

With postal (and courier) shipping, you pay those fees on your doorstep.

The GSP is a Seller Protection program with few advantages for buyers.

Buyers are protected by eBay's MoneyBack Guarantee and by Paypal's Buyer Protection program.

Because items shipped under the GSP go through several companies, tracking can be difficult. But in any case, tracking is also a Seller Protection and for buyers is just the warm fuzzies. Again , the buyer is protected by the MBG and by PP's Buyer Protection.

Allow 20 days from purchase for anything to arrive from the USA, no matter how it was shipped.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Tracking

Ok thanks so they cant charge me more then what I did pay correct? I tried to avoid USA buying for GPS. But not a lot sold the binder in Canada and if did it was over 75.00  Anyhow looking forward to it when it gets here. And yes it was Canada Post who said its none trackable when in Canada from USPS . That why got concerned over it. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Tracking

May I suggest that you read previous threads on this topic of tracking by Global
Shipping Program to understand how it works before creating a post of your own? Your previous response to the people helping on your other thread was rude; I won’t be offering assistance going forward. Good luck. Goodbye.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply