Unable to accept private offer

I received what ebay is calling a "private offer" from a seller.  The item's normal price is $45, and in the email from the seller there's a link that says I can buy the item for $39.  However, when I click on the "review offer" button, it opens the auction with the $45 price. Even if I click the BiN button, it is still stuck at $45.

I sent a message to the seller, but received no reply.

Has anyone seen this glitch recently?  What's the work-around?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Unable to accept private offer

Is it an actual auction? Offers aren’t allowed once there is a bid so if there was a bid after the offer was made it can’t be accepted.  If it was a fixed price listing and there are still items available I’m not sure why it would do that.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Offers have a short window for acceptance. Maybe it has expired?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

It is a fixed price, Buy-it-Now item.  There's only one, and it is still available to buy at $45.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

The seller put a 48 hr limit on the offer. I tried less than 24hrs after the offer was sent.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies - 

@a52split - I've seen this happen in the past as a tech issue, but not recently. I'll get this reported for review. 

In the meantime, does the listing have a 'Best Offer' option that you can use instead?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The listing does not have 'best offer'.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

That's too bad @a52split. You could also consider contacting the seller and mentioning that you had gotten an offer from them and weren't able to reply, and they could consider sending another!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Already tried that Tyler. No response.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Update:  

As I replied to Tyler, I send a message to the seller describing the problem asking him to look into it.

Two days ago I received a reply that just said: "Thank you".

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I had the same problem which I did report but still seems to exist - but I did figure out a workaround. You are in Canada yes? Is the seller in the US? It seems that if a US seller sends a Canadian buyer an offer it won't show up if you try clicking on the link from your .ca account. You need to open your account in .com and you will see be able to see and accept the offer there - HTH!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

20black2
Community Member

Still an issue here in the US. I had an open offer to the seller that I can't seem to delete, he sent me a offer either automated or as a counter offer and I can't access it. The problem persists.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2020!

and this is eBay.ca = eBay Canada site...

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@mrdutch1001  

@20black2 

Tongue in cheek speaking is a discussion post truly a zombie thread when eBay is able to replicate a reported problem from year(s) ago? It would seem to be more like a zombie(gremlin) that refuses to die!!👻👻 We just have to remember not to pore water on them!!!

-Lotz

Message 15 of 15
latest reply