Reply
Highlighted
Community Member
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎02-15-2007
Accepted Solution

What is this seller doing

The item usually sells for 220.00. He has it listed for 15.86 free shipping , new item, from china, has 0 feedback and 0 sales, what is he doing.

Community Member
Posts: 658
Registered: ‎02-24-2012

Re: What is this seller doing

in reply to rick31797

Beware the seller is probably a scammer. 

 

If it's too good to be true, it probably is..... stay away!

Community Member
Posts: 129
Registered: ‎05-13-2017

Re: What is this seller doing

in reply to rick31797

yup beware, it's a celilar phone by chance?

Community Member
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎09-29-2005

Re: What is this seller doing

[ Edited ]
in reply to rick31797

rick31797 wrote:

The item usually sells for 220.00. He has it listed for 15.86 free shipping , new item, from china, has 0 feedback and 0 sales, what is he doing.


Depending on the item, it can be a scam if the item is Buy-It-Now (BIN).  Auctions are a different animal.

Check to see what other items the seller has for sale and if they have unbelievable prices as well.

 

Scam method 1: They don't ship anything. Delivery times from China are now measured in months for stuff sent as "free" (2-4 months typical) which is longer than paypal's hold on the payment. So the scammer makes off with some money before the Item-Not-Received claims start flowing in and the seller-ID is locked down.

 

Scam method 2: They build a targeted list of sucker addresses and phone numbers to sell off to those who specialize in different scams.

 

Scam method 3: They're selling (and shipping) a cheap knock-off, and rely on the fact that most buyers won't make the effort to file a Not-As-Described claim.

 

 

You can report the listing using the link on the listing's page...

 

report item1.jpg

 

and then select what to report...

 

report item2.jpg

 

Do not do this lightly, eBay will penalize those that make too many false reports.

 

-..-

Community Member
Posts: 9,037
Registered: ‎03-25-2003

Re: What is this seller doing

in reply to rick31797

Is it an auction?

Was it originally listed on dotCOM in USdollars ? Or perhaps on dotDE (Germany) in euros?

 

Starting an auction at 9.99 is one of eBay's classically dumb suggestions and newbies fall for it all the time.

The odd Cdn  dollar amount could reflect currency exchange.

 

If the phone did sell for $15.86, the seller would be very unhappy. It is also very likely he would not ship.

 

And if the phone shows as being located in Asia, it may not even exist.

Community Member
Posts: 3,475
Registered: ‎01-13-2009

Re: What is this seller doing

in reply to femmefan1946

femmefan1946 wrote:

Is it an auction?

Was it originally listed on dotCOM in USdollars ? Or perhaps on dotDE (Germany) in euros?

 

Starting an auction at 9.99 is one of eBay's classically dumb suggestions and newbies fall for it all the time.

The odd Cdn  dollar amount could reflect currency exchange.

 

If the phone did sell for $15.86, the seller would be very unhappy. It is also very likely he would not ship.

 

And if the phone shows as being located in Asia, it may not even exist.


eBay suggested starting price for an auction is $0.99, not $9.99.

Community Member
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎02-15-2007

Re: What is this seller doing

in reply to pocomocomputing
It's not a phone it's a guitar effect pedal ..it was. bIN or make offer, it was 15.86 BIN , these pedals sell for 140.00 new they are 220.00, this was new..from china.l I bought it, but realize it was a scam..maybe I can file a claim before the 30 days is up
Community Member
Posts: 5,758
Registered: ‎08-29-2005

Re: What is this seller doing

in reply to rick31797

but realize it was a scam..

 

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

But what kind of quality you will get is another question.

 

 

maybe I can file a claim before the 30 days is up

 

Not on eBay, unless the site notifies you that the seller has been shut down.

However, Paypal allows you to open an Item Not Received dispute for 180 days  from PAYMENT.

You may still be required to wait to escalate the dispute to a Claim until the seller has had an opportunity to deliver the goods.

Community Member
Posts: 3,043
Registered: ‎07-04-2004

Re: What is this seller doing

in reply to rick31797

rick31797 wrote:

It's not a phone it's a guitar effect pedal ..it was. bIN or make offer, it was 15.86 BIN , these pedals sell for 140.00 new they are 220.00, this was new..from china.l I bought it, but realize it was a scam..maybe I can file a claim before the 30 days is up


Does the seller have a history of successful sales of similar items?

Community Member
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎02-15-2007

Re: What is this seller doing

[ Edited ]
in reply to marnotom!

The seller has zero sales which means zero feedback,  there is no tracking number, is not a tracking number proof you have shipped it, I have sent him 2 emails asking him, when he shipped the item, with no reply...

Community Member
Posts: 5,758
Registered: ‎08-29-2005

Re: What is this seller doing

in reply to rick31797

Sounding more and more sketchey.

 

A tracking number could be considered as proof the item has been shipped, but on eBay it's real use is Seller Protection.

So not having one is good for you as a Buyer.

If the Seller cannot prove that the shipment has been DELIVERED (not shipped, delivered) the buyer gets a refund.