What means Void tracking

jpdjb5
Community Member

I got a strange message when I check one of my purchase from China on eBay. The tracking says "Void". First time I see that.

What's supposed to means "Void" ? Somebody can help me ?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: What means Void tracking

It means you have no tracking.  Void means having no legal force or effect; not legally binding or enforceable. useless; ineffectual, according to Google.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for this information. Hope I will get my stuff soon...
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Don't worry.

Tracking is a Seller Protection.

If the item doesn't arrive before the window that eBay gave you closes, you can open a Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the item turns up after that, you can use Paypal's Send Money service to return the refund.

At the moment, between the annual Lunar New Year festival, and China's efforts to contain the Covid-2019 virus, don't expect your item to be delivered early in that window.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@jpdjb5 

Another possibility is your seller created a label and then voided that shipment...Maybe due to an error in description, weight, address or something else. They may have then created a new shipment with some other method and did not not update the ebay system. As per the other suggestions, wait until the last date to file a claim. You could also email the seller for an explanation with your fingers crossed you receive a response. Always remember parcel requiring customs clearance can get delayed for numerous reasons.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

In this case in possibly means that the Canada Post scanning system is unable to deal with or understand the Chinese characters.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well technically.....

The Universal Postal Union has Chinese as one of the languages that all postal systems covered by the Treaty accepts.

So Canada Post would be required/expected to be able to handle it.

Fun fact, although the UPU was founded in 1874, English only became one of their official languages in 1994.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I will have to wait until the last day of schedule shipping date before I can ask for a refund. That's what a eBay representative said. We all know the parcel was lost but I can't ask for a refund before april 22.

It's a long waiting. I need to remember the date because the item will dissapear in my eBay listing...

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The seller does have a long waiting period, but when you purchased you were told what that period would be. So it was your choice to buy.

Sounds like the seller is using Surface mail , which takes months.

You have 60 days from Purchase to leave feedback. If you are unhappy with the slow service offered, you can leave your opinion there.

In addition, you have 180 days from PAYMENT to open an Item Not Received Dispute on Paypal.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded. However, PP may decide to give the seller time for the tracking shipment to be delivered. 

If you open a PP Dispute, you give up your chance to open an eBay Dispute.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply