Forum Posts

eBay Guarantee is a SHAM (Refund denied)

I made a purchase for a bag through bid I won and called ebay to confirm seller's legitmacy since the seller was recently enrolled such. They reassured me that there was an eBay guarantee that protect buyers from shadytransactions should there be one...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

False Return Label Provided for an INAD, Next Steps?

I opened a return for an item not as described. Clear cut case, no question about the INAD. The seller is not in North America, they accepted the return and send me a Canada Post label for small packet surface, with the description of "letters" and a...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lost packages from Global Shipping Center/Pitney Bowes

I placed two orders from US sellers last month and both are shipped via Global Shipping program. I should have done some research on this and avoided them at all costs. Both packages have arrived at the repackaging center in Erlanger, KY and were shi...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Just bought a laptop on ebay and I'm a little confused about the extra fees , could someone explain?

So recently, I bought a refurbished tochiba laptop on ebay, from a UK seller/business. I live in canada, and I usually order stuff from the US, but since the uk listing was cheaper, I decided to grab one. Now the thing is that the seller sent me a me...

• 31 replies
  • 0 helpful

My eBay displays wrong shipping info

This is something Ive notice happening a lot in the last few months. Whenever I go in 'My eBay' to check on items I'm watching, it more often than not displays shipping charges TO THE USA and not Canada as it should. And before you ask, yes I'm logge...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Coin and Paper Money listings disappearing

I used to shop for coins and particularly world paper money on the U.S. ebay site years ago, but it seems that there was some rule change, and suddenly the listings dried up. Now, it seems that a similar thing is happening on the Canadian and other e...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Unable to pay with my gift card!

So I finally found my refunded money, and I'm trying to use it, however it won't let me pay for an item with it. I have an item "back-ordered?" that I committed to buying, and I can't seem pay for it with any of my cards?! Help please?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Purchase History page

eBay introduced a new Purchase History page on ebay.com a few days ago. It is not yet on ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk, etc so I use those alternate sites as a work-around. I gave feedback using "Tell us what you think", however in the past I have never seen r...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Do I need to provide tracking for return?

I want to return an item I bought and the seller wants me to ship using economy shipping, which doesn't come with a tracking number. Is that even a good idea? I worry that the seller can just claim that they never received the package back and won't ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Taxes on shipping?

I get that eBay is now collecting taxes on items sold on eBay. However, why are they charging it on the shipping cost as well? Canada Post prices already include taxes when you calculate them on their website. So why am I being charged twice on that ...

How Can I get Canada Post Tracking?

Hi everyone,Hoping I can get help on this one. I only have the ebay tracking number. But it showed that Canada Post tried to deliver my package yesterday and left a note on where to pick it up. But there was no note so I belive they tried to deliver ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

It was a good run but goodbye eBay

As a collector I have enjoyed the 20 plus years spent searching and selling, purchasing on eBay but after multiple glitches while trying to buy items it's time to call it quits.Lately, I have even had issues with buy it now items. An object came up t...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

bought fake Pokemon cards from two vendors...the bad feedback I left to protect others is missing?

I purchased two Pokemon cards on eBay from Japan from two different vendors. After discovered they were fake i asked for a refund. I published bad feedback on both vendors warning others. I went back to check the feedback and mine was missing? Both v...

IMG_20221104_113125595.jpg

Resolved! Need correct tracking code, Ascendia code doesn't work, eBay Intnat'l Shipping from US, held customs

I've got something coming from the US, sent via "eBay International Shipping". It's a small item, it doesn't seem to have been sent using the global shipping thing. Shipping seems to be USPS.Ebay tracking says it's "Held in Customs" in Toronto since ...

Returning via reverse local pickup

Are buyers allowed to return an item by simply bringing it to the seller's location themselves? I know it's obviously possible, but is it allowed by eBay? Also is there a way for the buyer to prove that they returned it?

Resolved! Your shipment is being returned due to issues encountered

From Canada purchased and paid for item from USA. Shipping status shows "Your shipment is being returned due to issues encountered"I'm not able to open a dispute since the items is still "in transit".Seller won't refund, what action would be next?

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Global shipping: Customs Cleared....NOW WHAT?

I pay alot of money for this trash and they just drop the ball when it gets to Canada.Should I take a week off work to babysit my front porch to make sure my item doesn't get stolen while I'm away?It shows the tracking to Erlanger, Kentucky no proble...

2021184.jpg

Rude Sellers

I am new to ebay and started in April of this year.Most every seller has been polite and fun to work with, even when we don't agree on a price.How do we post the rare, rude seller, who responds badly to an offer, and let other ebay buyers know, and a...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Import charges but Didn't Use GSP

I bought a $400 item from a seller and the listing shows "This item will be sent through eBay's Global Shipping Program" where I was charged shipping, and then an additional $62 import charges which is fine. I would rather pay those fees ahead. But t...

Possible Scalper SCAM - need help

Not sure exactly why, but I think I fell for a scalping scam. I made an offer not realizing that it was marked up 2.25X the MSRP and went to work. After work I looked further into the purchase an realized that the seller doesn't even have the card ye...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping fiasco

Shipping fiasco please can someone give me their opinion. I ordered an item from Great Britain. After I ordered the item and gave my shipping information I received an email from the company that was to receive my package. Apparently, they were going...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Gut Check on a Seller that seems legit

Recently I’ve been looking at an item from a seller who has just under 200 rating, 100% positive feedback, with what looks like a legit business registration, been on eBay since 2005.I went to look at their feedback for items recently sold and found ...

Best way to go about my purchase

Hello there,I recently bought a HP Spectre x360 16 from a seller in china. All was going well and even though the communication was slow and I would only get short sentences to my questions...at least I got some answers.The seller promised to ship ou...